Resolver Output

More
10 Oct 2012 21:35 #25226 by andypugh
Replied by andypugh on topic Re:Resolver Output
LAIR82 wrote:

IWorks like a dream, when I did the commands.

Great, I will push it to the main branch then.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Aug 2013 04:23 #37722 by andypugh
I am surprised that this worked properly, the code wasn't very well written.

I have recently pushed a significant improvement to Master. Can you check that it still works for you?

(I think it should now work properly, but it is possible that your config was set up for it not working properly)

More
16 Aug 2013 18:05 #37737 by LAIR82
Replied by LAIR82 on topic Re:Resolver Output
Hello Andy,

I never had an issue with this fix you made for me, the two machines are threading perfectly.

What was in question that made you re-visit it?

As for trying it, I am going to half to wait a while, both of the turning centers are making chips, 10 hr shifts 6 days a week, so I cant get my hands on even one of them to try the updated version. It looks like probably in the next 2-3 weeks I am going to start our third retrofit, so I hate to say it but I'm looking at about 2 months before that machine will be ready for test and tune. If the workload lets up, I will get on one of the machines and check it out though.

Thanks Again though for this fix.

Rick

More
16 Aug 2013 18:56 #37739 by andypugh

What was in question that made you re-visit it?

The resolver module didn't work at all with a 64-bit OS. The apparent position would vary by a few thousand turns every mS.

Fixing that I noticed that the standard component actually detects 2 indexes per rev, so I fixed that.

But then I needed to fix the multiturn stuff in a different way, and while there noticed that if the resolver dithers around the zero position or is turning slowly enough for the noise to make the value switch twice, then the index-divisor might get out by a cycle or two. So I made it that it needs to see ...index-divisor zeros in the same direction before setting the index.

Time to create page: 0.096 seconds