Hardinge HXL Tool Turret

More
28 Mar 2013 18:53 #31992 by BigJohnT
Replied by BigJohnT on topic Hardinge HXL Tool Turret
Your ladder seems to be a bit unorganized. You have to forget any programming you may know when doing ladder.

Ladder works like this:
Read all the inputs
Solve all the logic
Update all the outputs
Only the rungs that evaluate to true will have the output on
If you use the same output more than once the last output will control the state of the output.

The way the step and trigger work are like this after step 1
If the previous step is on and I get a trigger from the previous step latch in this step.
In the previous step when the next step is on unlatch the previous step.
When a condition exists that this step is done send a trigger to the next step.

My short example was bad that I showed a tool change done when the comparison was true. It should have shown to stop the lift and spin and when the turret is down and the comparison is true then do a tool change done.

John

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Mar 2013 20:18 #31995 by microsprintbuilder
Dosn't my comparison do that? the first set of equations sends a done comand back to the control when the tool sensor = the the current tool and the other equation starts the turret sequence when the tool call is grater or less than the current tool and stops the turret rotaion sequence when it is equal. When I whatch it run I see the tool turret possition switches change as it sits down after each rotation but the flow thru the comparison equations to say done and stop the turn squence never happens. My conclusion is that there is no tool numbers from the control side being sent.

More
28 Mar 2013 23:52 #32004 by BigJohnT

Dosn't my comparison do that? the first set of equations sends a done comand back to the control when the tool sensor = the the current tool and the other equation starts the turret sequence when the tool call is grater or less than the current tool and stops the turret rotaion sequence when it is equal. When I whatch it run I see the tool turret possition switches change as it sits down after each rotation but the flow thru the comparison equations to say done and stop the turn squence never happens. My conclusion is that there is no tool numbers from the control side being sent.

The comparison will only work when step 1 is on the way you have it programmed IIRC (I don't have it in front of me). The comparison might be happening faster than the screen can update. Open Show Hal Configuration and add the 4 pins to a watch window and then run your turret.

John

More
30 Mar 2013 00:12 - 30 Mar 2013 00:13 #32053 by BigJohnT
Here is a complete demo to show the tool change steps. Run the demo, home each axis then do a tool change in the MDI window like T1 M6 G43 and press the buttons and watch the ladder as you do so.

John
Attachments:
Last edit: 30 Mar 2013 00:13 by BigJohnT.

More
22 Apr 2013 08:59 #32975 by microsprintbuilder
I finally got some time to work on this again. After looking at your files I came up this. It works pretty good. Thanks for your help. Now I need to get my VFD to work in reverse. I've tried the abs command in several places but can't get it to work.
Attachments:

More
22 Apr 2013 17:57 #32987 by BigJohnT
I'm glad you got it sorted out.

John

More
28 May 2013 02:20 #34781 by microsprintbuilder
Is it possible to link my tool turret encoders to the tool number so that I don't have to call out the tool number and g43 twice?

More
28 May 2013 02:46 #34786 by andypugh
Replied by andypugh on topic Hardinge HXL Tool Turret

Is it possible to link my tool turret encoders to the tool number so that I don't have to call out the tool number and g43 twice?

Can you ask the question again using different (or more) words?

More
28 May 2013 03:00 #34788 by microsprintbuilder
When I start the machine the current tool number is 0. I have a sensor for each of the four turret tools. Also when I do T# M6 G43 the tool change happens but the control doesn't show the tool # and offset at the bottom of the screen unless I do the t#m6 and then a g43 . Is there some sort of refresh comand or could I just link my turret positions to the control number some how?

More
28 May 2013 04:54 #34795 by andypugh
Replied by andypugh on topic Hardinge HXL Tool Turret

When I start the machine the current tool number is 0. I have a sensor for each of the four turret tools. Also when I do T# M6 G43 the tool change happens but the control doesn't show the tool # and offset at the bottom of the screen unless I do the t#m6 and then a g43 . Is there some sort of refresh comand or could I just link my turret positions to the control number some how?

G43 isn't automatic, partly because you might not want to use the same offset number as tool number.

I think the solution to your initial tool load might be a g-code sub of some sort.

The first thing that comes to mind is the startup G-codes
www.linuxcnc.org/docs/html/config/ini_co...b_rs274ngc_section_a

This will only work if you can call a G-code sub from there (and I haven't tried it). But if you can, then a subroutine that reads the switch states and issues to correct Tn M6 G43 command for the loaded tool ought to work.

Time to create page: 0.199 seconds