Retrofitting a 1986 Maho MH400E

More
03 Dec 2017 18:20 #102621 by RotarySMP
How embarassing.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Dec 2017 00:58 #102641 by andypugh

The home switch is the index of the glass scale encoder. I found at about 2mm from the end stop. Homing to it finds it that index, but then errors out with a message saying that the home switch had gone low before it could back off it. Any suggestions how to make this more robust?

Try configuring for "index only" homing.
linuxcnc.org/docs/2.7/html/config/ini-ho....html#_configuration

More
04 Dec 2017 08:28 #102652 by RotarySMP
Thanks Andy.

Do I still keep this line if I am using Index only homing? Or do I delete the home switch net?
# --- HOME-X ---
net home-x <= hm2_5i25.0.7i77.0.0.encoder-00-index [Just wrote that from memory, might be wrong syntax]
Mark

More
04 Dec 2017 13:41 #102661 by andypugh
I _think_ you would delete it, and only connect the index-enable pin. (You definitely need the index-enable pin)

Then I would test starting very close to the index mark and with a very low latch velocity to make sure that there are no surprises.
(if it is an option I would also suggest reducing the drive current to limit the torque)

More
04 Dec 2017 20:16 #102679 by RotarySMP

Thanks Andy. That has the first axis tuned and homing reliably. 2 more to go.
Mark
Attachments:

More
13 Dec 2017 09:18 - 13 Dec 2017 09:19 #103065 by RotarySMP
I switched cables to use the X axis's EXE to read out the Y axis glass scale encoder. That worked, so I was able to confirm that the encoder is fine. I also got the axis tuned and homing. Next, will need to use the oscilloscope to compare the signal at the EXE output with the signal input to the MESA and the HALoscilloscope, to see whether the Y axis EXE is faulty , or if the wiring is noisy.

I've noticed two other issues...
When I start LinuxCNC, I get this error message...

I can click it away. The machine starts in physical E-Stop, so I have push the start button to get it out. What setting do I need to set in the HAL or INI so that this message doesn't appear at LinuxCNC start?

The second issue is that there is garbage written into the tool area...

I thought it was some corrupt data in the tool table (which I haven't set up yet), but that is still empty. Any suggestions what is causing this?
Mark
Attachments:
Last edit: 13 Dec 2017 09:19 by RotarySMP.

More
14 Dec 2017 13:25 #103110 by bevins

The second issue is that there is garbage written into the tool area...

I thought it was some corrupt data in the tool table (which I haven't set up yet), but that is still empty. Any suggestions what is causing this?
Mark

Upgrade your gmoccapy. that was a bug a while ago if I remember correctly that has since been fixed. When I start a new system with the live CD I have that also.
The following user(s) said Thank You: RotarySMP

More
14 Dec 2017 13:59 #103111 by RotarySMP
Thanks. Will do.
Mark

More
15 Dec 2017 15:09 #103135 by RotarySMP
Does anyone have a good tip as to which AMP connector model or series this is?

I have searched the TE.com connector search function, Digikey and Mauser, and couldn't identify it.

It is 2x6, 1/10"(2.54mm) pitch (or maybe 2.5mm).

This is the Heidenhain EXE board output connector. If I can track down some 5x2 twisted pair, double shielded cable, I'd like to rewire the EXE outout to utilise the differntial signals.
Mark
Attachments:

More
15 Dec 2017 17:08 #103137 by andypugh
If the pins are at 2.54 pitch then I think that almost anything for PCB headers will work but maybe not lock.

This looks like the one you want:
www.digikey.com/products/en?mpart=925370-6&v=17

(Don't forget that you will also need the terminals and the correct crimping tool)

Moderators: piasdom
Time to create page: 0.275 seconds