Retrofitting a 1986 Maho MH400E

More
30 Jan 2019 13:12 #125285 by J Green
Hanmon congratulation on the Maho conversion ! Braving a 2.degree C shop sounds like you are excited . Maybe consider making a plastic film tent with heater .
Interesting about the servo sound of Phillips vers Linux CNC . Would be very interesting to have a compare and contrast of the two controllers when your conversion is further completed .Such as what are your thoughts about functional difference between the two controllers.
Have you looked at
gnipsel.com/linuxcnc/tuning/index.html JThorton servo tune ?
What velocity in machine units per second , are you using? Also wonder what Velocity and PID values Mark is using .?

PCW seems to have very good suggestions/answers about servo tuning .
Hope you check if the Lub pump and oilers are working.

Thanks for the updates
Bob

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Jan 2019 13:40 #125287 by hanmon
Hi Bob,
I'm really excited about the progress.
Thank you for the link !
I haven't yet engaged myself with pid-tuning.
Mark has already done that and I took his values initially.

The lubrication pump is a good point, as in my version of the Maho it is called "motion dependent lubrication" (bewegungsabhängige Schmierung) and was controlled by the Philips 432. The lubrication pump has an input for turning on and an output return signal which I have both already connected the 7i84.
I now have to find out the original/sufficient on-interval of that pump.

More
30 Jan 2019 14:56 - 30 Jan 2019 14:59 #125294 by J Green
Hanmon
As I remember ? The Lub pump cycled at machine start-up and cycled after some time ( amount of movement ) period t , but also cycled due to the axis movements being short in length.
Zeeson Muhr ( Sp ? ) converted his Mikron mill and wrote a program for lubrication cycle timing
I saw the program in the Wicki or somewhere else in the .Linux CNC site.
If you can't find It ----let me know and will try to stumble across it again.

Bob
Last edit: 30 Jan 2019 14:59 by J Green.

More
30 Jan 2019 15:16 #125299 by J Green
Hanmon
It is written by Zeeshan Munir
Located in" Linux CNC Documentation" under Centralized Lubricator .
Hope this helps
but not sure if it has the extra cycling part that Philips did for many short moves.
Bob

More
30 Jan 2019 16:51 #125308 by hanmon
Hi,
thx a lot !
I took a short look at the code.
It seems to build up pressure for 10s and if there is no fault, low fluid level or pressure loss, it keeps running for 50s more to then idle for 12min.
This cycle starts every time when machine is on an the spindle is running.
I will take it as is and eventually modify it later.

Hanno

More
31 Jan 2019 15:56 #125400 by RotarySMP
Hi Hanno,

Good progress, but remember, photos or it didn't happen :)

I'll post that clover leaf program later.

If you work in the garage at 2°C you are a tougher breed than me.

I also used that same PID tuning procedure and found it very helpful. I think I'll have to retune Y once the replacement exe is wired up, as I never got a good tune, and the axis drift was probably a factor there.

We had a discussion about the lube system at some time. I thought in here. My one has the automatic pump. It runs for something like 30 sec at start up, and then again every 20 minutes.
Mark

More
31 Jan 2019 17:06 #125411 by RotarySMP
Here is the code which draws a cloverleaf each 15 minutes.
Attachments:

More
31 Jan 2019 17:08 #125412 by J Green
Mark I remember when Zeeshan converted his Mikron (about size of a MH500e) a discussion that the Maho also had a extra Lubrication cycle for short an small moves . Think I saw it in some of the Philips 432 machine parameters .
Are you getting another EXE board ? Or what is the latests in the Y axis problem.
Could be very interesting to compare the PID values you and Hanmon use for the initial servo tune.
It will not be very much time before you an Hanmon have initial conversion done and can start on the fine tuning part.

Stay warm
Bob

More
31 Jan 2019 17:24 - 31 Jan 2019 17:48 #125414 by RotarySMP
MAHO offered a lot of options. My lubrication pump is completely independent of the controller. It is fitted with an IG38 timer relay. This runs for 15secs once pressure has been reached, max 60sec, and cycles every 16 or 32 minutes. See attachments.

Y trouble shooting? I bought a second stand alone 602D EXE on ebay for €38 delivered. That was a warmer (hopefully) solution than freezing my arse of in the garage for hours :). So once that is wired up, only the X Channel of the original three axis 19A1 EXE board will still be in use. Z is already on a 602D, and Y soon will be.
Mark
Attachments:
Last edit: 31 Jan 2019 17:48 by RotarySMP.

More
31 Jan 2019 19:35 #125429 by hanmon
I took a look at my old parameter list.
Parameter 760 defines the lubrication option:
0=inactive, 1= way dependent, 2= motion dependent

My lubrication was set to "motion dependent" with the following values:
Control time = 15s
Lubrication time 1 = 16min
Lubrication time 2 = 32min
If it was set to "way dependent" there would be the choice of setting axis travel in mm for each axis.
The "Centralized Lubricator" code is really close to option 2.

@Mark: thanx for the G-Code

Moderators: piasdom
Time to create page: 0.320 seconds