15 Nov 2019 21:04 #150443 by chris mcm
Hello db1981
Here are the numbers you requested.
Maho C 700
TNC 135 ST D7
S NR 550540D
rg . 214330 06
Thank you. Regards Chris

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Nov 2019 21:30 #150446 by db1981
Hello Chris,

we have the same controls, with the same software.

regards
The following user(s) said Thank You: chris mcm

More
16 Nov 2019 05:54 #150452 by RotarySMP

Has anyone figured out what the 19x2 socket is used for , located in center area of large relay board .
Bob

It is for connecting a laser interometer.

Attachments:

More
16 Nov 2019 06:18 #150453 by RotarySMP

Any idea what a price range might be for a MH600E slotter head ?
Bob

There is slotting head on Ebay Kleinanzeign right now. It looks a little different to mine, maybe it is for a 600? I think I paid €1200 for the 400 sized slotting head and horizontal overarm, both practically unused. The one advertised is"make an offer".
Mark

More
16 Nov 2019 07:23 #150454 by J Green
Thanks Mark
Laser interferometer , wonder if it was for verifying the cutting tool or part location.
My guess is for cutting tool verification . Maho seemed to be as advanced in technology as some of the other leading machine builders.

The slotting head gray or silver colour looks to me as if it was from the pre CNC machines era .
For some reason I think those were made by some outside company for MAHO . Thanks for the information.
Bob

More
16 Nov 2019 07:29 - 16 Nov 2019 07:29 #150455 by RotarySMP
I agree that the hammerschlag paint looks like it is from a manual machine, but the design look otherwise very similar to mine.

I wonder how many Interferometer they sold, and if any still work? In 1985, when My MAHO was made, my High school phsyics lab got their first laser. It was in housing about the size of a shoe box, had the same functionality as a laser pointer, and probably cost a small fortune.
Mark.
Attachments:
Last edit: 16 Nov 2019 07:29 by RotarySMP.

More
16 Nov 2019 07:57 #150456 by J Green
Mark
My High school phsyics class was in 1960 and the high tech device was a 10 Ft. long 2 inch Dia. spring to demo harmonics .
Your slotter attachment plate or where it is bolted to the machine ,wonder if all slotters are the same except for the attachment plate ?
Bob

More
16 Nov 2019 08:02 #150457 by RotarySMP
They still had the same spring in 1985.

Agreed, it does look they had one design of slotting head and switched out mounting plates to suite.
Mark

More
16 Nov 2019 10:31 #150463 by andypugh
I keep pondering making my own slotting head, with servo-controlled tool rotation. Then you could use it for all sorts of things, including internal gear shaping . (except that example isn't doing it at all cleverly, with LinuxCNC I would be expecting to rotate both work and tool continuosusly)

More
21 Nov 2019 07:52 #150811 by chris mcm
Hello db1981 Mark Bob and Jon
I am waiting for Brad to report back to you on progress here.
I was talking today to a ships chief engineer. He looked at the Maho and said the electronics were familiar. He had been on ships of the same era. The electronics were nothing but trouble.
I am stuck with the mechanically perfect Maho but to date been plagued with electrical breakdowns.
Brad has the machine running but we have no DRO.
I have ordered 3 Heidenhain EXE D/5-F to continue a full retrofit. As a last resort I can fit a standard 3 axis digital display instrument. This may be difficult as plugs are likely not compatible.
After talking to my friend. I am concerned what else (Other than the T.N.C.) in the Electronics is obsolete.
I am concerned about the row of enclosed contractors directly above the Indramat T.N.C. I understand Eproms are obsolete.
I wonder what else.
I need to address this before I continue. Please can you help.
Cheers
Chris

Moderators: piasdom
Time to create page: 0.591 seconds