× Forum Header

moving problem

More
06 Jul 2019 13:13 #138735 by RoberCNC
moving problem was created by RoberCNC
hello, I expose my problem to see if any can shed a little light. I have a 3 axis Mill of which X and Y are beltdriven and Z ballscrew, when I measure the movements ordered by Z it is perfect but in X and Y the first movement is mostly as if it lost steps, I send it 1 mm and I only 0.23 0.30, things like this the following ones are already more approximate and I understand that it is thing of fine adjustment of scale of the steppers. The Z and I say that it is perfect so I rule out that it is software problem. I have tried varying the microstepping, stepgem_maxaccel, increasing steplen and stepspace as I have read in some post as well as varying the backlash parameter and nothing, that first movement remains the same. Any help or idea?

Thank you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Jul 2019 14:41 #138739 by pl7i92
Replied by pl7i92 on topic moving problem
hi welcome
im in Germany
if you tell us here your parameters
DRIVER and microstepping
the Belt you use the pulley size and form like AT5 22Z
then we can give you a good calculation

we also need (( like )) to see your INI and Halfile to see if and where are steps lost

it is most only a setup problem

woudt also be good to hear what system you are on as many are available
like wheezy 2.7.14 from DVD iso downloiad

BE SHURE WE HELP YOU UPON the Most end

More
06 Jul 2019 17:21 #138749 by tommylight
Replied by tommylight on topic moving problem
That seems like to high acceleration so try lowering that. You could also attach the hal and ini files and some more info on the belt drive, like direct drive or reduction, what reduction etc.

More
06 Jul 2019 17:22 #138750 by RoberCNC
Replied by RoberCNC on topic moving problem
Hi pl7i92, here you have the required data.

I´m starting from scrap. The drivers are the typical Tb6600, the belts are a Gt2 type with 2mm per teeth pitch and 20 teeth pulleys. The system is as you mentioned a 2.7 Wheezy from DVD ISO. I attched the .hal and . ini files. Tose are with a 32 microstepping but i have tried with different values (8,16, none,...). I´m changing parameters values in X nothing else at the moment, I don´t understand very well what is the problem :(

Regards.
Attachments:

More
06 Jul 2019 19:43 #138753 by tommylight
Replied by tommylight on topic moving problem
Try setting the acceleration to 100 in the ini file for X and Y axis.
Can you also do a latency test and report back the numbers ?

More
06 Jul 2019 20:21 #138758 by RoberCNC
I will try with is acceleration thanks. latency test I already did and the numbers are unfortunate for parallel port (87300), I'm doing tests anda aligments while my Mesa card arrives, but I had ruled out latency since with the Z I have no problem.

More
07 Jul 2019 08:07 #138784 by RoberCNC
Hi guys I have reduced the accelerations as you told me max_acceleration = 50 and stepgen_maxaccel = 100 and it seems that the thing is much better, I notice the failure in 1mm movements and especially when I made changes of direction, in movements as long as 10 mm the value is very close, which leads me to think that it is already step adjustment or especially backlash (the Z that goes with ballscrew is still going perfect both in 1 and 10 mms and changes in direction). Regarding the latency, I do not know what point I'm fooling about until I implement the 5i25 + 7i76 kit. What do you think?

More
10 Jul 2019 19:08 #139014 by RoberCNC
good afternoon. Finally I got the cards (5i25 and 7i76) I installed the 5i25 in its PCI slot, flashed (5i25_7i76x2.bit), verified and copied all files to the directory lib / firmware / hms / 5i25 as I read in other posts . Launched the pncconf and I choose the configuration 5i25 internal data and firmware 7i76x2 with one 7i76, up to here well. In the configuration tabs if I recognize the p3 connector of the 5i25 and I get to select step and dir for each axis (XYZ) but in the tab of the 7i76 only TB4, 5 and 6 do not appear TB2 or 3 that would be those of step / dir according to the manual.

Am I missing a step or have I done something wrong? I would appreciate any help or reference to any thread you can use to configure it.

PD: W1 and W2 are leer handed as default on the 7i76.

Thank you.

More
10 Jul 2019 20:55 - 10 Jul 2019 20:56 #139020 by PCW
Replied by PCW on topic moving problem
I think that's correct, pncconf just shows the stepgen numbers on the DB25 pins.

With standard firmware the stepgens are numbered the same as the 7I76 manuals names
Last edit: 10 Jul 2019 20:56 by PCW.

More
10 Jul 2019 21:38 #139025 by RoberCNC
then it is a matter of executing the configuration until the end and then modifying the .INI and .HAL files? I do not know whether to give external power (12v) already to the 7i76 or wait to get move the steppers first

Time to create page: 0.120 seconds