× Forum Header

moving problem

More
12 Jul 2019 21:34 #139211 by RoberCNC
Replied by RoberCNC on topic moving problem
Nothing, the same error when shaking the screen or maximizing it and I am still unable to move the stepper. Either I'm missing something or this is an absolute disaster.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Jul 2019 22:03 #139212 by tommylight
Replied by tommylight on topic moving problem
What about the temperatures ?
If the temperature is under 50 degree C, that leaves us only with the graphic card.
You mentioned that you do have an old one, if i am not mistaken, can you do a test with it ?
Usually this cand of disaster teaches a lot of things in a short period of time, so they are very good.
And do not worry, we will find a solution and make those motors move, we always do.
Would it be to much to ask to remove the hard drive and test from a USB, just make a quick config for 3 axis with nothing else.

More
12 Jul 2019 22:06 #139213 by PCW
Replied by PCW on topic moving problem
Looks very much like an issue with the Nvidia chip or driver.
As a temporary fix you might try running at a slower servo thread rate
(say 2 ms = 2000000)

As far as not getting motion is concerned I would try again doubling the
step times (to 10 usec) that should work on pretty much any drive
The following user(s) said Thank You: RoberCNC

More
12 Jul 2019 22:18 #139214 by tommylight
Just went through the whole log, it looks like you have hyperthreading enabled so that has to be disabled and there are several errors regarding noveau graphic driver. That graphic card also has several power states, it says 3 but it enumerates 5 of them.
The hard drive seems OK and it has UDMA active ( not DMA, sorry my bad, to long since i dealt with those mainboards ).
Somewhere near the end of that log file, you can see the 5i25 related stuff then 2 errors regarding noveau and the resulting realtime excursion.
Find the hyperthreading and disable it in BIOS and test with another graphic card, if you have one.
Let us know how it goes.
The following user(s) said Thank You: RoberCNC

More
12 Jul 2019 22:21 #139215 by RoberCNC
when I have been looking at the BIOS the temperature did not exceed 39 degrees. The other card I have already put but only get a black monitor. Here in the town I can do little more, when I return to the city I have more possibilities. I totally agree with you Tommy in what you learn a lot even if it's exhausting, thanks for the encouragement :lol: . Regarding to do a test with the live CD removing the hard disk, no, it is not much to ask, it would be missing more! I'm also what the graphics card is.

More
12 Jul 2019 22:34 #139216 by RoberCNC
I'll look for him Tommy, as well as all the graphics I can as soon as I return to the city, damn times of youth and play :blush:

thanks to you also PCW, I will do what you say, could I do it together with the live CD test without hard disk or would it mix too much?

I do not know if it's any good, when I was doing tests with the parallel port and the stepconfig, the latency was horrible but I do not remember the failure of the real time delay.

More
13 Jul 2019 15:16 #139258 by RoberCNC
Hello, it seems that finally there is good news. I mounted an old hard drive and graphics that I had out there and executed the LiveCD and the Realtime Delay error seems to have disappeared. I have also run the latency test again that you said PCW and the results are notoriously better (attached). Regarding the movement of the stepper (I only have the X connected) I have reviewed all the wiring and the manual of the 7i76 and there were a couple of things wrong, once I have corrected my failures with movement symptoms !!! It is poor and erratic but it moves at least, it makes a noise like a submachine gun and it does not correspond to the 5mms that I order from far away, but I consider it a breakthrough.

Now my question is whether to try the old graphics with the HD that I had before or if I put it aside and install the OS as it is and start from there, as you can see?
Attachments:

More
13 Jul 2019 15:38 #139259 by tommylight
Nice !
Leave it as is and install, then we can deal with moving those motors smoothly .

More
13 Jul 2019 15:47 #139260 by RoberCNC
I have re-edited the configuration and this is already moving in conditions, even in the axis test of the test itself, which before nothing. I'm going to wire everything before we get into the adjustment as you say tommy, which leads me to the question of how to wire the limit switches

More
13 Jul 2019 20:46 #139267 by RoberCNC
Installation done and axes wired. Now something very curious happens to me, I have made a configuration and during it I have not been able to move the steppers, launched the configuration and behave erratically with that machine gun noise, however, I edit the configuration once done with the wizard and in the test go great, but when I launch Linuxcnc again, the same, nothing. All but the Y, I tried swapping the cables and nothing, I only hear noise like acceleration and speed but the motor does not move.

Time to create page: 0.146 seconds