× Forum Header

moving problem

More
18 Sep 2019 10:12 - 18 Sep 2019 10:17 #145497 by tommylight
Replied by tommylight on topic moving problem
They are there as steplen and stepspace, so try making them 15000, do some test.
Beware that will limit your maximum velocity so you might want to adjust that while testing.

And there are some errors there regarding A axis, namely the stepgen_max_velocity and stepgen_max_acceleration, they have to be much higher.
Last edit: 18 Sep 2019 10:17 by tommylight. Reason: more info

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Sep 2019 10:59 #145498 by Clive S
Replied by Clive S on topic moving problem
these are in nanoseconds
DIRSETUP = 1000
DIRHOLD = 1000
STEPLEN = 1000

Try increasing these to 5000

More
18 Sep 2019 11:20 #145499 by RoberCNC
Replied by RoberCNC on topic moving problem
I have increased StepSpace to 15000 and reduced the speed to 25 and it seems to work, I have run an entire program without strange noises (without material) which was previously impossible, I will continue testing it this way.

As for the A axis I implemented it taking advantage of the fact that I rewired everything but it is only a stepper on the table and for now I will not mess with it, I need to have a 3-axis operating machine.

Again, thank you very much for your time and knowledge, you don't know how much I value it. Thanks dudes.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

More
24 Sep 2019 14:01 #146073 by pl7i92
Replied by pl7i92 on topic moving problem
you can go for up to 45000 in stepspace and steplength to get readings above 50VEL
The following user(s) said Thank You: RoberCNC

More
24 Sep 2019 14:08 #146075 by RoberCNC
What great news, you don't know how much I am happy to read that pl7i92, so you say I deduce that the values ​​are directly proportional, at higher values ​​of stepspace and steplenght higher speeds, is that correct? Thank you.

More
24 Sep 2019 16:06 #146090 by tommylight
No, it is the oposite, longer step time, less steps per second, so lower velocity.
That is all good, so now you can try to increase velocity a bit and test again.

More
24 Sep 2019 16:14 #146093 by RoberCNC
Understood, just the opposite. Now I have 15000 steplenght and stepspace and 25 speed, I will try to increase the speed with that value to see how far I get. Thanks.

More
25 Sep 2019 10:30 - 25 Sep 2019 10:58 #146148 by RoberCNC
I do not understand anything, I tried to increase the speed and the stall appears, but the most curious of all is that restoring the operational INI file also occur! It makes no sense. What can I be missing?

For some strange reason may it be due to the PC?
Or maybe a slight misalignment between the gantry ballscrews?
Perhaps are ridiculous things, but to rule out, I don't think I find it so difficult to have an operational machine with FPGAs and good Drivers. :(
Last edit: 25 Sep 2019 10:58 by RoberCNC.

More
25 Sep 2019 12:29 #146151 by tommylight
All stepper motor stall at a certain speed, that is normal as the torque drops rapidly with speed increase.
Do you get any warnings about latency in Linuxcnc ?
Can you tell us again what drives, motors, power supply are you using, so we do not have to sift through 14 pages of posts, please ?

More
25 Sep 2019 12:36 #146152 by RoberCNC
Of course Tommy, what less. The drivers are the DQ860MA that you recommended, the steppers are NEMA 23 of 425oz and the power supply is a 36v source and a 12v source.

As for the warnings, I don't receive any message, Linuxcnc continues normally, simply the stepper starts, stalls and continues normal.

Time to create page: 0.096 seconds