29 Nov 2023 11:13 - 29 Nov 2023 11:22 #286773 by rbobey1989
Hello 0jw, I summarize the steps so you can get started:
1- open a terminal
2- cd ~
3- git clone github.com/scottalford75/Remora-RT1052-cpp.git
4- cd Remora-RT1052-cpp/LinuxCNC/components
/Remora-eth
5- sudo halcompile --install remora-eth-3.0.c
At this point you would already have the remora component installed.

Now, to this you would have to add that you have to update the firmware of the EC500 pyocd with a stlink v2 probe converted into CMSIS-DAP, it works wonderfully
You don't have to change any IP address, Scott has several videos on his channel where he explains how to do all this.

I hope this solves it for you, greetings
Last edit: 29 Nov 2023 11:22 by rbobey1989.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 0jw

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Nov 2023 13:05 #286778 by 0jw
Thank you! I think I managed to flash the board with remora-rt1052-3.1.0.bin using a rp2040 on windows, but I'm not really sure yet.

I'm a bit confused as the docs say on the ethernet setup page that I need to set my ip to static. So I don't need to do this?

I managed to add the config samples and can see them under my configuration when starting linuxcnc. But it just errors out. I'm hoping this is just because of the ini and hal files.

More
29 Nov 2023 13:35 #286782 by 0jw
This is the error I get when trying to start linuxcnc.

Debug file information:
iopl() failed: Operation not permitted
cannot gain I/O privileges - forgot 'sudo make setuid' or using secure boot? -parallel port access is not allowed
Note: Using POSIX realtime
remora-eth: dlopen: /usr/lib/linuxcnc/modules/remora-eth.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
./remora-eth.hal:7: waitpid failed /usr/bin/rtapi_app remora-eth
./remora-eth.hal:7: /usr/bin/rtapi_app exited without becoming ready
./remora-eth.hal:7: insmod for remora-eth failed, returned -1
Stopping realtime threads
Unloading hal components
iopl() failed: Operation not permitted
cannot gain I/O privileges - forgot 'sudo make setuid' or using secure boot? -parallel port access is not allowed
Note: Using POSIX realtime

More
29 Nov 2023 13:54 - 29 Nov 2023 13:56 #286783 by rbobey1989
Hello 0jw, yes you need to configure the static IP address, I previously understood that you wanted to change it in the remora-eth component, I don't understand you much when you talk about Windows..., if you want to ping the card from Windows, configure your static IP in 10.10.10.X different from 10.10.10.10 because this would be the EC500 board, from the videos that I pointed out to you before Scott shows how to do it on a Raspberry under RaspOS, linuxcnc has a learning curve so I recommend that you look at the documentation Also the remora documentation, Scott's videos are also very instructive, after all this start from the sample configuration files that are in the LinuxCNC folder in the Remora-RT1052-cpp repository, greetings
Last edit: 29 Nov 2023 13:56 by rbobey1989.

More
29 Nov 2023 14:41 #286789 by 0jw
Ok. when I open nano /dhcpcd.conf to navigate the file there is nothing at all to navigate.. just a blank nano screen. Am I supposed to write a file and safe it?

More
29 Nov 2023 15:08 #286792 by rbobey1989
First, what operating system are you using? and second, what platform do you use it on? (Raspberry, Desktop PC etc), in RaspOS dhcpcd.conf is in /etc/dhcpcd.conf, the nano editor if it does not find the file creates a new blank one, if you are using RPI and RaspOS, try:
sudo nano /etc/dhcpcd.conf
In the video that I pointed out before Scott explains this, there are different tutorials on the internet on how to configure a static IP in RaspOS and other operating systems.

More
29 Nov 2023 15:40 #286794 by 0jw
Thank you for helping me with this! It's been years since I used Linuxcnc, but I do remember there being lots of pitfalls.

I'm using Debian 12 Bookworm. Currently I'm using a asus k570ud laptop for testing with a new ssd until my asrok q1900b motherboard arrives.
I've had a lot of luck with this board and mesa cards along with Vista mpgs in the past.

Chatgtp mentioned it might be a problem with a secure boot setting, so I'm going to check that next.

It also mentioned I'm missing remora-eth.so but I don't remember seeing a .so file.

It looks like I managed to change the ip to static.

More
29 Nov 2023 15:50 #286795 by rbobey1989
This tutorial explain how three ways how set a static IP address in Debian Bookworm.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 0jw

More
29 Nov 2023 16:51 #286802 by cakeslob
If you were using a mesa ethernet card before on that computer, you might already be on 10.10.10.11

"It also mentioned I'm missing remora-eth.so"

I think that means its not installed

More
29 Nov 2023 17:05 #286803 by 0jw
That was a different pc, but the ip is static now and I can see the ethernet connection icon in Linux also. The second method from the link rbobey1989 posted worked the first time.

When you say not installed are you referring to the firmware on the ec500 or the remora component?

Time to create page: 0.940 seconds