Remora - ethernet NVEM cnc board

More
19 Aug 2022 06:26 #250059 by scotta

on nv

? a photo would be great as there are at least two versions of the board.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Aug 2022 07:10 #250062 by CBollweg
Attachments:

More
19 Aug 2022 07:21 #250063 by CBollweg
Hi Scott,
it reacts differently. If the board is switched on with the hand wheel plugged in and Linuxcnc is running, the coordinates are displayed correctly. As soon as I press any button on the handwheel, Linuxcnc goes into estop and shows the following error. If plug in the handwheel with the board switched on, linuxcnc goes into estop immediately.

More
19 Aug 2022 10:45 #250068 by han
Hey, sorry for stupid question in advanced, you might have answered it before but might have missed it.
Was wondering if there is a way to catch signals from inputs. Looking through forum I saw a way to configure joint, tried similar way to do with input but with a failure. In the end would love to see if I can get input to register as machine homing when it reaches the trigger(s)

Thank you in advance!

More
20 Aug 2022 00:36 - 20 Aug 2022 00:37 #250090 by scotta
Thanks for the photo, you have the later board which is great. Also great to hear the serial communication with the NVPMG is working correctly. I think I need to put some jumpers over some of the additional components on my board to get it to work.

The config and nvmpg hal file on github need to be updated with the correct pinout for the EC500. Not sure if this is what is causing it but it's the first step in solving the issue. I'll look to update over the coming days, but you can check your config with the following pinout.

Attachments:
Last edit: 20 Aug 2022 00:37 by scotta.

More
20 Aug 2022 00:39 #250091 by scotta

Hey, sorry for stupid question in advanced, you might have answered it before but might have missed it.
Was wondering if there is a way to catch signals from inputs. Looking through forum I saw a way to configure joint, tried similar way to do with input but with a failure. In the end would love to see if I can get input to register as machine homing when it reaches the trigger(s)

Thank you in advance!

Yes of course. Please check the full config file, which I shared in the previous post needs to be updated. But you can see the Input and Output configuration here github.com/scottalford75/Remora-Novusun/...c500-full-config.txt

More
20 Aug 2022 00:52 #250092 by scotta

Hi Scott,
it reacts differently. If the board is switched on with the hand wheel plugged in and Linuxcnc is running, the coordinates are displayed correctly. As soon as I press any button on the handwheel, Linuxcnc goes into estop and shows the following error. If plug in the handwheel with the board switched on, linuxcnc goes into estop immediately.

Just another question. When you say press any button on the handwheel, are you referring to the side buttons or the keypad buttons? Keypad buttons are transmitted via serial using DMA to receive the data.

More
20 Aug 2022 13:17 #250102 by CBollweg
Hi Scott, It doesn't matter which handwheel button I press. Linuxcnc goes into estop and I have to restart the board. If I don't press a key, linuxcnc runs and the coordinates are shown on the display.

More
20 Aug 2022 14:32 #250104 by CBollweg

Thanks for the photo, you have the later board which is great. Also great to hear the serial communication with the NVPMG is working correctly. I think I need to put some jumpers over some of the additional components on my board to get it to work.

The config and nvmpg hal file on github need to be updated with the correct pinout for the EC500. Not sure if this is what is causing it but it's the first step in solving the issue. I'll look to update over the coming days, but you can check your config with the following pinout.

Hi Scott,
How do i have to change the config.txt? Just an example.

More
22 Aug 2022 12:16 - 22 Aug 2022 12:46 #250197 by Snap1202
  Hi all together,i was able to get hold of an EC500 card.I flashed the card , set up linux on a pi4 according to scott’s yt video, now to my issueIam able to ping the board and upload the config no problem ,but starting linuxcnc gives me the following result.anyone can help out and point me to where the issue could be.thanks 
Attachments:
Last edit: 22 Aug 2022 12:46 by Snap1202.

Time to create page: 0.389 seconds