Remora - ethernet NVEM cnc board

More
12 Sep 2022 09:01 #251724 by MX_Master
A good man will send me his new NVEM controller (with rt1052). About 2 weeks to me. After receiving I will solder out the chip and will draw a scheme. If somebody will make this earlier, it would be good :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Sep 2022 09:06 #251725 by scotta
Great news. We can then check against the EC300 when it arrives.

More
12 Sep 2022 09:10 #251726 by automata
Hi Scotta,
Wonderful work on making the NVEM controllers linuxcnc compatible.
Since the NVEM boards have switched to i.mxrt1052 processor, maybe this project could also target a generally available i.mxrt SOM board like the teensy 4.1 (www.pjrc.com/store/teensy41.html). It has onboard ethernet phy and flash and a M7 processor running at 600MHz and is USB programmable. The device is also generally available (through PJRC as well as their distributors) and is relatively modest in cost.
A breakout board PCB for using this processor SOM for CNC applications is also generally available from tindie (www.tindie.com/products/philba/grblhal-b...-teensy-41-t41u5xbb/) for those that are interested.
It is easily programmable via the USB interface.
-automata

More
12 Sep 2022 10:37 - 12 Sep 2022 10:37 #251728 by scotta
I had a look at the Teensy over the weekend when I was researching the RT052. If we get Remora ported to the 1052 the Teeney would not be a huge stretch.
Last edit: 12 Sep 2022 10:37 by scotta.

More
13 Sep 2022 21:53 #251850 by Bari
jlcpcb.com/partdetail/Stmicroelectronics-STM32F407VET6/C28730 currently 11k in stock

Scotta, Do you have a list of currently supported stm32's? or do I have to dig into source

More
14 Sep 2022 00:29 #251858 by epineh
If you wanted to look at the teensy, my mate has just got a few of the Expatria teensy grbl PCBs made up, he said he'd be happy to donate one if you'd like to do some testing on it. I could express post it tomorrow and you'd probably get it Monday ish.
At least they can be bought easily at the moment and the board files of the controller are open source.

More
14 Sep 2022 06:43 #251875 by CBollweg

Hi Scott,
I am lost. After flashing the new Firmware it is not able to ping the EC500.
Flashing the old firmware, still the same error with the nvmpg.
Sorry for this, but i need help to solve the problem.
Thx

Christian
Hi Christian, have you checked that your network adaptor is configured correctly to have an IP address within the same sub net 10.10.10.xx? Assuming you are not going through a router, When you plug the network cable into the controller board and run the ifconfig command from terminal do you see that your adaptor has an IP address?

If you have a good IP address and still no luck pinging, I'd then move on to doing a full chip erase and reflash the firmware. 

Hi Scott,
ip address is 10.10.10.1. So i did a full chip erase and reflashed the firmware from this "github.com/scottalford75/Remora-EC500/tree/main/Firmware". A ping on 10.10.10.10 says host unreachable. So i erased the chip once again an flashed the firmware from "github.com/scottalford75/Remora-Novusun/...are/Remora-EC500.bin" And the ping on 10.10.10.10 has good results. But there is still no change with the nvmpg with this version of firmware. I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I am very sorry for causing you such inconveniences.

Christian 

Christian, 

A few more things to check. Below is my wiring which is known to work. RX <--> TX.

Have you uncommented the line in the INI file to enable the NVMPG?

[HAL]
HALFILE = remora-ec500.hal
# remove comment from next line to enable the NVEM NVMPG
HALFILE = remora-nv-mpg.hal
POSTGUI_HALFILE = postgui_call_list.ha
HALUI = halui

Hello Scott,
everything unfortunately unchanged.
1. When I flash with the firmware from the Remora-Novusun repository, the NVMPG causes an estop as soon as a key is pressed. I then have to turn off the power to the EC500 and restart Linuxcnc. In the Terminal it says the connection to Card is lost.
2. When I flash the firmware from the Remora-EC500 repository, the ec500 cannot be reached at address 10.10.10.10.
I checked the NVMPG cables. Everything is correct there.
I also flashed the card with the switch for the NVMPG (STD/NV) in different positions. If it's ok for you, I'm happy to go step by step again and document it with photos. I don't understand why I can't get an Ethernet connection with the current version of the firmware.
I correctly commented out the line for the NVMPG in the ini file so that it is loaded accordingly.

More
14 Sep 2022 14:54 #251901 by CBollweg
I have now set up Linuxcnc again. Still, Linuxcnc works until a key is pressed on the NVMPG. I started linuxcnc from the terminal and it says the ethernet connection was lost. Once the EC500 has been de-energized and energized again, Linuxcnc continues to run without any problems until a key is pressed on the NWMPG. So the NVMPG seems to be interfering with the Ethernet connection.

More
14 Sep 2022 19:14 #251924 by Bari
de.aliexpress.com/item/1005003536896114.html this board if in stock will be a slam dunk for LCNC + Remora

H5 ARM SOC with an STM32F405, Linux on the H5 and Remora on the STM32.
linux-sunxi.org/H5

The only down side is 1GB of RAM.

More
14 Sep 2022 21:53 - 14 Sep 2022 22:24 #251941 by Bari
Manta M4P/M8P Control Board with CB1/CM4
biqu.equipment/products/manta-m4p-m8p

CB1 Allwinner H616 Linux control board for $27 that plugs into a 4 or 8 axis STM32 Remora controller board Manta 4 ($40) or Manta 8 ($98)

Allwinner H616
linux-sunxi.org/H616#Documentation

I have to confirm that the ARM SOC connects to the STM32 via SPI or we will need some jumpers on the last two sets of boards that I posted today.

STM32Gx
www.st.com/en/microcontrollers-microproc.../stm32g0-series.html
Last edit: 14 Sep 2022 22:24 by Bari.

Time to create page: 0.546 seconds