Remora - ethernet NVEM / EC300 / EC500 cnc board

More
07 Nov 2023 14:41 #284780 by dusa09
I observe the same behavior with the NVEM board. The opposite direction always has only one Y motor in the XYYZ configuration. I don't use fw. DMA. My fw. emora-rt1052-NVEM-0.2.1.bin

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Nov 2023 03:43 #284835 by FCS Industrial
Hello everyone, I've been having a problem for days that I can't resolve.
joint 2 following error
emc/task/taskintf.cc 942: Error on joint 2, command number 104
The NVEM card communicates perfectly with linuxcnc, but when I ask it to start gcode I always get this error.
Could someone please help me.

Attachments:

More
08 Nov 2023 05:18 #284839 by scotta
Thanks to all who have been willing to test the DMA stepgen branch. Your feedback has been invaluable to get this stable. Your recent feedback gave me some clues as to where to look for improvement and I can now say I think it's ready to be merged into the main branch and released as v2.1.0

github.com/scottalford75/Remora-RT1052-c...ora-rt1052-2.1.0.bin

The key was to track the DMA transfers to ensure the stepgen was filling the correct buffer. For some reason between restart and LinuxCNC restarts this was getting out of sync. Problem solved now.

Now to merge the great hardware encoder work!
The following user(s) said Thank You: oficinerobotica

More
08 Nov 2023 05:20 #284840 by scotta

joint 2 following error
The NVEM card communicates perfectly with linuxcnc, but when I ask it to start gcode I always get this error.

Do you get this error if you do a full chip erase and upload the firmware without uploading a config.txt file? 

More
08 Nov 2023 05:56 #284841 by FCS Industrial
Hello Scotta, thanks for responding.
Yes that's right. I get the same error when loading the chip completely without loading config.txt or with it.
I confess that I've tried everything, and I have no idea what could be happening.
My NVEm is STM32

More
08 Nov 2023 08:10 - 08 Nov 2023 17:42 #284846 by manager12345
Hi! I'm trying to flash NVEM v5 via J-Link V9 (STM32F205) and J-Link v11 (LPC43xx), but when compiling the code, the program throws an error in the file NO_SYS_SampleCode.c
make[1]: *** [lwip/doc/subdir.mk:23: lwip/doc/NO_SYS_SampleCode.o] Error 1
make[1]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
Finished building: ../lwip/port/enet_ethernetif.c

Finished building: ../lwip/port/enet_ethernetif_kinetis.c

Finished building: ../lwip/port/sys_arch.c

make: *** [makefile:57: all] Error 2
"make -r -j4 all" terminated with exit code 2. Build might be incomplete.

I tried using pyOCD, but it also gives an error that there is no abc module.
Help solve the problems, please
Last edit: 08 Nov 2023 17:42 by manager12345.

More
09 Nov 2023 09:25 #284924 by frayja2002
Hi there Scott

I have flashed my EC500 with the latest firmware & am having a bit of a strange problem. Output pin 14 does not seem to be toggeling for me.

my machine is setup so that when the power on button is pressed in LinuxCNC output 14 comes on enabling the relay for the main drives...

net        switch_on                halui.machine.is-on                remora.output.14    remora.output.13

When I turn the machine on most of the relays turn on (in the EC500) as part of the power up cycle and then turn off but output 14 seems to stay on.

I have disconnected all of the wires from the DB15 board & measured with a volt meter.
If I toggle remora.output.15 & measure between 1 & 15 on the DB15 it goes from 0 to 24v
if I toggle remora.output.13 & measure between 1 & 14 on the DB15 it goes from 0 to 24v
if I toggle remora.output.14 & measure between 1 & 7 on the DB15 it stays at 24v

Which is strange because it seemed to work as expected before I flashed the new firmware.
I have uploaded the same config file as before. (attached)
When attached to the relay & turn off it would sometimes have 8v measured !?!

I have attached the hal files also.

Could you please check to be sure there is not something in the software that could cause this.

Thanks
Alex

Attachments:

More
10 Nov 2023 02:09 #284995 by FCS Industrial

joint 2 following error

Do you get this error if you do a full chip erase and upload the firmware without uploading a config.txt file? 

Yes that's right. I get the same error when loading the chip completely without loading config.txt or with it.
I confess that I've tried everything, and I have no idea what could be happening.
My NVEm is STM32

More
10 Nov 2023 20:34 #285046 by scotta

joint 2 following error

My NVEm is STM32

Can you jog at all? Please share your hal and config.txt file and I'll take a look. It has to be a configuration issue.

More
10 Nov 2023 20:45 #285049 by scotta

Time to create page: 0.257 seconds