Remora - ethernet NVEM / EC300 / EC500 cnc board

More
10 Nov 2023 20:46 #285050 by scotta

Hi there Scott

I have flashed my EC500 with the latest firmware & am having a bit of a strange problem. Output pin 14 does not seem to be toggeling for me.

my machine is setup so that when the power on button is pressed in LinuxCNC output 14 comes on enabling the relay for the main drives...

net        switch_on                halui.machine.is-on                remora.output.14    remora.output.13

When I turn the machine on most of the relays turn on (in the EC500) as part of the power up cycle and then turn off but output 14 seems to stay on.

I have disconnected all of the wires from the DB15 board & measured with a volt meter.
If I toggle remora.output.15 & measure between 1 & 15 on the DB15 it goes from 0 to 24v
if I toggle remora.output.13 & measure between 1 & 14 on the DB15 it goes from 0 to 24v
if I toggle remora.output.14 & measure between 1 & 7 on the DB15 it stays at 24v

Which is strange because it seemed to work as expected before I flashed the new firmware.
I have uploaded the same config file as before. (attached)
When attached to the relay & turn off it would sometimes have 8v measured !?!

I have attached the hal files also.

Could you please check to be sure there is not something in the software that could cause this.

Thanks
Alex

Hi Alex, I've just tested your config.txt on my EC500 with latest firmware version v2.2.1 and the outputs are working as expected.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Nov 2023 05:12 #285073 by FCS Industrial
Yes of course, follow the files in the post below

More
11 Nov 2023 05:15 #285074 by FCS Industrial

Hello everyone, I've been having a problem for days that I can't resolve.
joint 2 following error
emc/task/taskintf.cc 942: Error on joint 2, command number 104
The NVEM card communicates perfectly with linuxcnc, but when I ask it to start gcode I always get this error.
Could someone please help me.

Do you get this error if you do a full chip erase and upload the firmware without uploading a config.txt file? 

Hello Scotta, thanks for responding.
Yes that's right. I get the same error when loading the chip completely without loading config.txt or with it.
I confess that I've tried everything, and I have no idea what could be happening.
My NVEm is STM32

Can you jog at all? Please share your hal and config.txt file and I'll take a look. It has to be a configuration issue.

Yes of course, follow the files 
Attachments:

More
11 Nov 2023 14:40 - 11 Nov 2023 15:28 #285102 by hanskuster
Hi all,
I have a EC500 board which I flashed with the firmware remora-rt1052-2.1.1.bin
When I upload "ec500-rt1052-DMA.txt" with upload_config.py I get the message "JSON config length incorrect" from the EC500 console.

I tried different files and all gave the same result.

Regards, Hans

Addendum:
As a test I flashed "remora-rt1052-1.1.0.bin" and then I can upload the config file.
So that seems to be a bug in the most recent firmware file.

Attachments:
Last edit: 11 Nov 2023 15:28 by hanskuster.

More
11 Nov 2023 22:15 #285138 by scotta

Hi all,
I have a EC500 board which I flashed with the firmware remora-rt1052-2.1.1.bin
When I upload "ec500-rt1052-DMA.txt" with upload_config.py I get the message "JSON config length incorrect" from the EC500 console.

I tried different files and all gave the same result.

Regards, Hans

Addendum:
As a test I flashed "remora-rt1052-1.1.0.bin" and then I can upload the config file.
So that seems to be a bug in the most recent firmware file.

Hi, I've tried to replicate your issue. A full chip erase and firmware flashed from repo. Using your config.txt I get the following successful result..
pi@remora:~/linuxcnc/configs/remora-ec500-DMA $ python3 upload_config.py ec500-rt1052-DMA-issue.txt
Valid JSON config file, uploading to NVEM board
Config file length (words) = 323
Config file length (bytes) = 1292
Remainder = 0
Config file length with padding (bytes) = 1292
CRC-32 = 0x70e7e4bf
## Entering IDLE state                                                          

Receiving new configuration. Stopping threads..                                 
        timer stop                                                              
        timer stop                                                              

Checking new configuration file                                                 
mod = 0, padding = 0                                                            
Length (words) = 323                                                            
JSON length (bytes) = 1292                                                      
crc32 = 70e7e4bf                                                                
JSON Config file received Ok                                                    
Moving new configuration file to Flash storage and reset                        
pages = 6, sectors = 1                                                          
Configuration file moved                                                        

Remora RT1052 starting                                                          

Initializing PHY...         

More
12 Nov 2023 08:21 #285149 by frayja2002
Hi there

I wonder if I could just get you to confirm that.
I have flashed  remora-rt1052-2.1.1.bin  & am still seeing this at 24v all the time.

I have uploaded some pics. Its not so clear in the picture but all of the LEDs are off. 
If yours is working normally then I'm thinking it might be a hardware failure on my board.

Thanks
Alex

Attachments:

More
12 Nov 2023 19:36 #285194 by chrstrvs
Has anyone experienced stuttering/jerky stepper motors?

I just installed the NVEM board back in the mill after having it on the desk while setting up LinuxCNC. The machine moves and homes, but during jogging the stepper motors stutters or jerks or possibly skips steps.
The hardware setup is untouched since running Mach3, so I'm confident it's not related to the steppers, drivers, wiring etc. Could implementing PID help? If so, what would be the right way to tune the parameters?
My hal and ini are attached if anyone wants to take a look.
Attachments:

More
12 Nov 2023 20:33 - 12 Nov 2023 20:34 #285197 by frayja2002
Something like this?
forum.linuxcnc.org/18-computer/44828-rem...rd?start=1310#283944

Make sure you are using the latest firmware (link at bottom of page 134)

Also I found adjusting this helped.
PGAIN = 70

Alex
Last edit: 12 Nov 2023 20:34 by frayja2002.

More
12 Nov 2023 20:33 #285198 by hanskuster
Hi all,
I have a EC500 board (RT1052) which I flashed with "remora-rt1052-2.1.1.bin" and uploaded my "ec500-rt1052-DMA.txt"

I can't set any outputs (LEDs) nor read any inputs (switches, NC).
Set outputs can be monitored by wireshark, but apparently the will not be processed by the EC500.

I will use stepper motors with integrated feedback (www.aliexpress.com/item/1005005276593086.html).
When testing moving a motor it also doesn't get any signals.

I'm at the wits' end!
What am I missing or what is wrong?
Do I need additional signals for the EC500 to enable its operation?

I hope a knowledgeable sees the problem ;-)

Regards, Hans
Attachments:

More
12 Nov 2023 20:37 #285199 by chrstrvs
Yes, looks and sounds like the issue I have. My NVEM has the STM32 MCU, so it is not the same firmware as for the RT1052 unfortunately.

Time to create page: 0.408 seconds