Can the OPI5 be Configured to Run LCNC?

More
07 Apr 2023 23:03 - 08 Apr 2023 00:08 #268561 by royka
I see, they froze the master branch, so won't fix, you could build the master branch with EXTRAWIFI=no
./compile.sh KERNEL_CONFIGURE=yes BOARD=orangepi5 BRANCH=legacy EXTRAWIFI=no
[code]It's pretty bad at the moment indeed, the old branch is not getting fixed and the new branch is under development.

Edit: Sorry I'm also getting errors on both of them, but the kernel did compile, upload it in a moment, it needs a little fix because the rt kernel has another name.
[/code]
Last edit: 08 Apr 2023 00:08 by royka.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Apr 2023 01:04 #268570 by royka
Here is the kernel. If you install an image from armbian first you could install this one.

filebin.net/lpleuciilara5q60/linux-image...c222-Be9aa_arm64.deb

To isolate cores you could add the following line to /boot/armbianEnv.txt
extraargs="isolcpus=5,7"

More
08 Apr 2023 01:31 #268573 by royka
The kernel I'd uploaded is with the rtl8192cu driver.

Here are the deb packages for LinuxCNC:
filebin.net/lpleuciilara5q60/linuxcnc-debs.zip

For gpu hw accelaration you could follow something like:
forum.armbian.com/topic/26450-accelerate...talling-and-running/

Except the  udev rules, the lines in rc.local and the lib linking. Instead you could install rockchip-multimedia-config from apt at that point

More
08 Apr 2023 01:37 #268574 by rodw

Here is the kernel. If you install an image from armbian first you could install this one.

To isolate cores you could add the following line to /boot/armbianEnv.txt
extraargs="isolcpus=5,7"

You really should be sharing the deb for the matching headers to support DKMS drivers the user may need.
Its good to see others getting familiar with Armbian..

More
08 Apr 2023 02:03 #268576 by royka
You're right about that, was already busy with remaking that deb package. It was looking for version 5.10.110 instead of 5.10.110-rt, I guess because the rt name is in a config file in the kernel (not the kernel config in armbian).

filebin.net/lpleuciilara5q60/linux-heade...c222-Be9aa_arm64.deb

More
08 Apr 2023 03:09 #268581 by rodw
If you use EXPERT="yes" as a parameter to compile.sh, you can select EDGE  where you can build for Debian Bookworm.
Doing that lets you use the Bookworm Linuxcnc-uspace repos.
Its not really necessary to build an image with a graphical environment. This takes a very long time.
It is faster and more reliable to install that afterwards. Just enter this command on the initial command prompt when  logged in as root:
apt install task-xfce-desktop firefox-esr linuxcnc-uspace linuxcnc-uspace-dev mesaflash geany

Good luck...

More
08 Apr 2023 03:26 #268583 by royka
Wouldn't it compile the non rt 6.2 half mainline kernel then? (Unless you change that source too).
That would make it easier indeed to install LinuxCNC, but then you'll need to compile mesa, mpp, Chromium, v4l2, ffmpeg configurated to use the Rockchip gpu and manually add the rules to have gpu acceleration.

More
08 Apr 2023 05:42 #268588 by rodw

Wouldn't it compile the non rt 6.2 half mainline kernel then? (Unless you change that source too).
That would make it easier indeed to install LinuxCNC, but then you'll need to compile mesa, mpp, Chromium, v4l2, ffmpeg configurated to use the Rockchip gpu and manually add the rules to have gpu acceleration.

Take the time to familiarise yourself with the Armbian build environment, user configurations, userpatches and config files etc. I would expect you could configure the build environment to apply your customisations if you know whats is going on.

Chromium is included in the Debian Repositories and worked for me on another platform.

More
08 Apr 2023 09:45 #268595 by royka
I think I know a bit how the armbian build system works, it would be a ton of work for me to automate these things and maintain. It's not something I'd really love to do and this works already, just trying to help to make them start a bit more easy.

For Chromium I was talking about hw acceleration/hw decoding, it does work without but the CPU usage will be high.
But you're absolutely free to do whatever you like.

If you could make something like this for Debian Bookworm, would be awesome

launchpad.net/~liujianfeng1994/+archive/ubuntu/panfork-mesa

launchpad.net/~liujianfeng1994/+archive/.../rockchip-multimedia

More
08 Apr 2023 12:15 - 08 Apr 2023 12:18 #268603 by royka
Oops made a typo in the headers package. so to keep it a bit organized:
After you've booted an Armbian Jammy image/installation, you could install these packages.

Kernel:

Kernel headers:
filebin.net/lpleuciilara5q60/linux-heade...c222-Be9ac_arm64.deb

LinuxCNC packages:
filebin.net/lpleuciilara5q60/linuxcnc-debs.zip
Last edit: 08 Apr 2023 12:18 by royka.

Time to create page: 0.202 seconds