Can the OPI5 be Configured to Run LCNC?

More
15 Apr 2023 16:13 #269119 by royka
If you don't feel to start all over again, you could try the following:

sudo rm /etc/apt/sources.list.d/liujianfeng1994-ubuntu-* && sudo apt update

mkdir restore-mesa && cd restore-mesa

apt download libgbm1=22.2.5-0ubuntu0.1~22.04.1 libglapi-mesa=22.2.5-0ubuntu0.1~22.04.1 libegl-mesa0=22.2.5-0ubuntu0.1~22.04.1 libgbm-dev=22.2.5-0ubuntu0.1~22.04.1 libgl1-mesa-dri=22.2.5-0ubuntu0.1~22.04.1 libglx-mesa0=22.2.5-0ubuntu0.1~22.04.1 

sudo dpkg -i --force-all *

sudo apt dist-upgrade

It could be I forgot a package which you should remove/install.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Guglielmi

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Apr 2023 16:28 #269125 by Guglielmi

Sorry for wasting your time with the wrong advice of installing panfork, should have test it better.

no problem, I don't have doubts you are saving me.. without your good job I would already give up.

The new driver couldn't be installed.. impossible overwrite "/lib/firmware/mali_csffw.bin" already present in "mali-g610-firmware 1.0.0-2".

What does it mean "to do a clean install"? 
can I remove panfork mesa somehow?
Should I start from a new image installation? ..I installed using armbian but I did not choice panfork mesa somewhere..
The following user(s) said Thank You: royka

More
15 Apr 2023 16:43 #269130 by Guglielmi
You wrote while I was writing as well... 

I don't know how you are able to find or create these commands.. 
But it worked for me!!

After the sequence you posted Axis is showed correclty!! 
I'm really grate for your immense support
The following user(s) said Thank You: royka

More
15 Apr 2023 16:45 #269131 by royka
sudo dpkg -i --force-overwrite linux-gpu-mali-wayland_1.1-g6p0-20230406_arm64.deb

The moment you choose to remove panfork with apt remove it will remove about all desktop related parts like gnome/ubuntu.

So to remove I just did it by downloading the non panfork versions and force install them by the commands in my previous post.

To list these you could type:
apt search mesa | grep panfork

After installing the packages in my previous post I've got still 9 packages listed, but it does work.
To replace them is quite simple:
apt show libegl1-mesa -a
This will show all versions of it, then pick the newest version and first try to install it with: sudo apt install libegl1-mesa=22.2.5-0ubuntu0.1~22.04.1

If apt wants to remove a lot of packages you don't want to, you could download it with:
apt download libegl1-mesa=22.2.5-0ubuntu0.1~22.04.1
Then sudo dpkg -i --force-all libegl1-mesa_22.2.5-0ubuntu0.1~22.04.1_arm64.deb

But when you've to force something it's likely you'll have to install more packages the same way, otherwise apt will be annoying (won't install anything)

More
16 Apr 2023 05:36 #269193 by kanuboy13b
Sorry, I got pulled away from this project so I haven't been able to test anything out. Though I did run into the same issue that Guglielmi was having with no configurations. I am planning to tinker around with it tomorrow though. Just been busy.

More
16 Apr 2023 10:09 #269203 by royka
No problem, my goal was to make it easy to create your own system that you're able to maintain/update yourself. As you could see I made some wrong assumptions why it didn't work for you.
To fix the missing configuration files you could just clone the whole 2.9 branch:
cd ~ && git clone github.com/LinuxCNC/linuxcnc.git --branch 2.9

Or you could use the following link to create/download only the configs directory. The zip file should then be extracted to ~/linuxcnc/configs

download-directory.github.io/?url=https%...tree%2F2.9%2Fconfigs

If you've installed panfork mesa, it won't start somehow, to remove/replace this you could follow the steps in:
forum.linuxcnc.org/18-computer/48079-can...lcnc?start=80#269119

If you still want to have hw acceleration for a smooth UI you could download the driver from:
github.com/numbqq/mali-debs/tree/master/.../arm64/Edge2/wayland

Install with:
sudo dpkg -i --force-overwrite linux-gpu-mali-wayland_1.1-g6p0-20230406_arm64.deb

Then install a desktop environment with wayland (choose gdm3 when you're asked for it):
sudo apt install gnome
or
sudo apt install ubuntu-desktop

More
16 Apr 2023 14:51 #269212 by Guglielmi
Royka, I have now a SD card with linuxCNC working, etc.. however, I found some issue when I tried to use the wifi.. it was correctly configured and working before the patch, now not anymore and I'm not able to add the driver because I found a mess in the kernel modules.
I tried to recreate a new SD from scratch (keeping a part the one working...) and the result is the same, installing heladers deb I got an error and finally, even it works, inside folder /lib/modules/5.10.110-rt-rockchip-rk3588 there is a broken link "build". It points to the folder "/usr/src/linux-headers-5.10.110-rockchip-rk3588" without "rt53"! so it is broken.
I created a new build link but the situation is not changed installing new drivers.
Can you please repeat the last procedure you suggest? Sorry for the question but going back in this loop I have some doubts I'm doing right steps, the dab file with kernel I was able to download from the forum is without "rt53", the link rt53 file is not available any more.. for headers seems correct. So.. the correct last deb file has it "rt53" in the name  or not? or.. can you share again both links in a new post? Be patient...... thanks!

More
16 Apr 2023 17:45 #269222 by royka
Armbian doesn't like local versions.
forum.linuxcnc.org/18-computer/48079-can...lcnc?start=70#268702

That's why there were build/install problems, to try to "fix" the installing problems I was editing the initramfs and made a typo "rt".
But the last package of the kernel I'd uploaded I removed the local version so it will build/install normally, so you should have no folder with "5.10.110-rt-rockchip-rk3588" or "5.10.110-rt53-rockchip-rk3588". The headers you would only need if you want to compile a kernel module after the kernel is built.

So you probably would only need to install the kernel with: sudo apt install ./kernel-name.deb
mega.nz/folder/zhwVyJBK#iWqElAfYL21Rn08PmB55DA

If that doesn't work tell which wifi adapter you use.

btw it should be easy now to create your own image/kernel with that little patch that removes the local version.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Guglielmi

More
19 Apr 2023 07:31 #269407 by kanuboy13b
Well I'm not exactly sure what I am doing wrong. I'm trying to build a fresh image of Armbian using the patches you provided, but I can't get the image to boot. Since I had installed the panfork mesa, I figured instead of going through the process of uninstalling I would just build using the patched files. And once I found out that for some reason or another the VirtualBox install on my Manjaro machine was not working properly I just decided to install Ubuntu as a Dual boot and build directly. 
Building I followed the instructions on Armbian's website:
using Git I downloaded the build environment using the following command:
git clone --depth=1 --branch=main https://github.com/armbian/build
once downloaded I copy and replaced the files from the patched config files and also copied the userpatches directory to the build directory.
ran ./compile.sh to start the build process
I selected "Do not change the kernel configuration" as for some reason if I try to run the kernel configuration menu, it starts to bug out and I can't proceed with the build process.
selected orange pi 5 for the board, legacy for the kernel
jammy for the package base
I attempted both the console interface and desktop environment options for the image, using gnome for the latter. 
Everything seems to work fine, images are created, they just won't boot.  plug in the board, red light comes on, wait for something to pop up on the screen, and nothing.  I have a feeling there might be a setting or option I am missing but not sure what. Is there any additional config edits that need to occur in the boot partition that I am missing?  I have yet to try a vanilla build without applying the patches to see if that will boot. but I figured I share my progress first before doing so.

More
19 Apr 2023 08:23 #269411 by royka
It seems you did the steps in the right order, no other steps should be required. To see what happens in the bootloader, the output on the uart pins is very helpful.

I'll see if I could reproduce the same error.

Since hw video decoding doesn't work with the packages from the jammy repo with the mali blob, I'll see if Debian Bookworm will work like rodw suggested.
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.135 seconds