Probe panel for Axis GUI

More
01 Jun 2024 09:27 #302047 by Aciera
Replied by Aciera on topic Probe panel for Axis GUI
Ok, so it seems that pyvcp tab embedding was added rather recently. So it looks like you would have to update to the current 2.9.x.
github.com/LinuxCNC/linuxcnc/commit/a343...d4652c1be3f35c8b8545

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Jun 2024 21:18 #302110 by handsomebeast
upgraded to 2.9.2. now spindle and probe dont appear at all or classicladder.

More
02 Jun 2024 07:02 - 02 Jun 2024 07:04 #302126 by handsomebeast
ok thanks for the help aciera, was testing this out in a vm to mak sure i was doing everything right before installing onto my machine that runs my router, which is on debian 10 , 2.8.4 prempt rt, which i now find is for mesa card, but im running a 5 axis parrall breakout board and was just on th edge with latency, anyways got my machine config fils to work on the new debian 12 2.9.2 bookworm preempt rt. classicladder and the panel are showing up now, but the probe panel, i cant see the green probe indicator but i think i need to change the size of the buttons in the xml file, now the problem is the tutorial is very confusing, firstly without your suggestion to the embdded tab, it wouldnt show up in 2.9.2. and the rest of the tutorial i cannot follow, on one of the pics of the probe panel the spindl, stop ,and probe are in tabs on the right and this would be perfect so i could see the preview in that configuration,
Last edit: 02 Jun 2024 07:04 by handsomebeast.

More
02 Jun 2024 07:22 #302127 by Aciera

the rest of the tutorial i cannot follow, on one of the pics of the probe panel the spindl, stop ,and probe are in tabs on the right

Which tutorial are you referring to?

More
02 Jun 2024 07:23 - 02 Jun 2024 07:27 #302128 by handsomebeast
the one at the beginning of this topicĀ github.com/hausen8/EasyProbe
Last edit: 02 Jun 2024 07:27 by handsomebeast.

More
02 Jun 2024 07:37 #302129 by Aciera
Ah, the one where the tabs are in the side panel. That is done in the .xml. Have a look at the file 'AL_1105_panel.xml' here:
github.com/hausen8/AL_1105

I'm sorry I didn't realize that is what you wanted. That would probably have worked with your older version.

More
02 Jun 2024 07:40 #302130 by handsomebeast
thankyou i should be abl to figure that out

More
03 Jun 2024 13:47 #302243 by handsomebeast
tried and tried cant get my head around it just get errors and lcnc wont start

More
03 Jun 2024 14:29 #302247 by Aciera
That is not much information to go by, I'm afraid. If errors come up while starting the config then it is usually a good idea to post those. Also posting your current config as a zipped folder saves helpers from just poking in the dark.

Generally I would suggest this approach:

1. try to just simply copy and paste the 'AL_1105_panel.xml' to your config and load that using
PYVCP = AL_1105_panel.xml

2. if that works you may want to rename the .xml

3. start connecting the individual panel elements in the postguihal while frequently testing that the config still starts up.

4. If you need/want to edit the .xml make sure to take small steps and test frequently, as it is rather easy to break something.

More
03 Jun 2024 19:42 - 03 Jun 2024 19:43 #302263 by handsomebeast
thankyou aceira, ive made some progress, got the easy probe and spindle panels into seperate tabs like the picture, followeed thee rest of the tutorial and got a few errors i thought id reesolve but when i tried it on the machine the probe tab does nothing at all, idk wether its because my probe is nc and thereees a -not i need to add somewhere or what. but its a steep in the right direction and it also works on 2.8.2 buster which mans i dont need to upgrade to 2.9 as it only has PREEMPT RT which is suited to mesa card and im using a 5 axis breakout paralell board. ive linked my files if anyone can tell m where im going wrong, btw the probes are wired NC, the tool setter is NC and the touch probe is NO but it has a physical relay wired before the toolsetter to make the touch probe NC until triggeeered so i can leave both connected permanently asd use th same input for both as i havee no more inputs on my BOB
Attachments:
Last edit: 03 Jun 2024 19:43 by handsomebeast.

Time to create page: 0.097 seconds