Probe panel for Axis GUI

More
24 Jun 2024 10:09 #303681 by tommylight
Replied by tommylight on topic Probe panel for Axis GUI
Think of hal file as a distribution box full of wires, the "net" command is literally "connect this pin to that pin"
Usually the firts name after net is whatever you want to call a signal (think of it as a buss bar) and other pins can be wired to it and can be used over and over throughout the hal file as needed.
Other names must be existing LinuxCNC pins.
The following user(s) said Thank You: handsomebeast

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Jun 2024 10:37 - 24 Jun 2024 10:44 #303684 by handsomebeast
thankyou tommy, that makes sense now, so my "net probe-input motion.probe-input <= parport.0.pin-15-in" is getting a signal from pin 15 on my paralell breakout board, so those signal names are connected to components in my HAL.files, if i get it right? when i was putting that line into my machine.hal and setting up easyprobe, i kept getting errors, with help from aceira and you just explaining that, i shortened that line to "net motion.probe-input <= parport.0.pin-15-in" and pow, it works, the only reason i was using that line was because i read a forum post, that said that that pin in software controls all probing routines, it worked fine with my toolsetter but when trying this out easyprobe 2 it came up with errors that flagged that comment, without your help id have not been able to get it running, thankyou guys so much, tommy, aciera, talla, tillman, and julian, great work on the add on, and thanks for taking the time to help me guys i really appreciate it, i just have one problem left to solve, as my toolsetter uses an m6 remap which causes the spindle to do a manual toolchange subroutine, insert tool, move to toolsetter coordinates, and probe Z tool height, how would i stop this happening when i want to use the touch probe? the subroutines are in my macros folder and any m6 command causes the toolchange routine as i explained, is there a way to do this? i thought of making seperate macros folders for the toolchange macros and the probing macros, but the m6 would still cause a toolchange subroutine, and the toolsetter is quite tall so i cant just let the routine run without the toolsetter in place as it would break my touch probe,and if i let it run and move the toolsetter it would fail to touch the wasteboard before reaching the max Z travel i specified in the m6 subroutine if the probe isnt triggered, any ideas? ps when i get the last part sorted out i will write a tutorial and or make a video on how to get this set up if you already have a postgui.hal file, as already having certain files made the whole install tricky but again with every mountain to climb ive learned some very useful stuff, which i could probably pass on or help another newbie to linuxcnc to get this up and running

Last edit: 24 Jun 2024 10:44 by handsomebeast.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

More
25 Jun 2024 03:04 #303730 by handsomebeast
ok M61 Q99 solves that problem all good for now
thanks again for the help guys

Time to create page: 0.062 seconds