Mesa 5i25 config for chinese BOB

More
18 Apr 2016 09:19 #73512 by andypugh

but the menthality of the KNOWING people is so i know it an you can study

Most time only one line is wrong the erote a lot of text and post the shity documentation link

Yes, and I make no apology for this.

Bear in mind that none of us are paid to do this, all the time we spend answering questions on the forum is time that we are not spending working on our own projects.
It is far more efficient for _me_ to tell you how to solve your own problems than to solve every problem you have one at a time. If that is more work for you, then tough.
The following user(s) said Thank You: BigJohnT

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Apr 2016 12:55 #73527 by Todd Zuercher
Amen,
If you don't want to take the time to learn the software, pay someone to do it for you. Don't expect people to do your work for free (unless you work for the government.)

More
18 Apr 2016 14:28 #73536 by pacman13b
ok had some progress last knight more than 4 hours of testing and running, ended up with with the prb_rfx2 pin file flashed to mesa, but it seems like it is missing pwm on pin 1 and I couldn't program an enable pin for the drives also. . After manually enabling the drives I had some motion on axis x,y,z.but not good. Still can't get it to work correctly. Imm gona switch to another BOB maybe a c11 today for a trial - error run. If I get things moving I'll post. Thank you for all the help.

More
18 Apr 2016 14:56 #73538 by G0G53Z148
pacman13b
Post your Pinout for your bob may be so can help better
an link to your operating manual for bob or type store link or so

@Todd Zuercher what your comment mean have you programmed this?

@Andy

Why are you so aggressive and insulting just because there are people that English is not native language call her. if I do not help me to help but not not write. Give me a documentation I can read in my mother tongue and I do not bother you.

Had Linus also thought it was not for linux. If all who have worked on it does not respond as you would not schattendarsein run alongside Microsoft and its erfolgreciher. Back then appeared as Linux, it was far more advanced than Windows but has Komunity single axle drift gradually by arguing and senseless discussions.

I have spent in the last time a lot of money to get working configurations and these are all mediocre.
If I'm looking how to do it then I write at least one complete example with comments to so would also help subsequent users. But because the fronts have now already hardened, it is better you are looking at a different way.
Sure I can understand you it is annoying over and over again to discuss the same but do not you think it much more useful would be if you have the solution already written there to vwerseisen out as such on an awkward half-finished and hard-to-understand guide? I do not know if you've programmed with Linuxcnc

but the opinion I can also stand alone.

More
18 Apr 2016 15:31 #73540 by Todd Zuercher
I'm sorry, my comment did not contribute anything useful to this discussion, and was therefore out of line. It is an unfortunate fact that the rare few, individuals with both the technical knowledge and linguistic skills to make good translations of documentation have little to no incentive to put the required time into such work.

More
18 Apr 2016 16:08 #73543 by pacman13b
Parallel port BOB is as follows . Pins reflect to parallel port schema..

1 – PWM - output
2 – STEP X - output
3 – DIR X - output
4 – STEP Y - output
5 – DIR Y - output
6 – STEP Z - output
7 – DIR Z - output
8 – STEP A - output
9 – DIR A - output
10 – E-STOP - input
11 – PROBE - input
12 – LIMIT X - input
13 – LIMIT Y - input
14 – ENABLE Drive (-) - output
15 – LIMIT Z input
16 – STEP B - output
17 – DIR B - output
18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 – GND

My step / dir & enable drive signals are (-)
5 - AXIS Break out board.

Thank u.

More
18 Apr 2016 16:26 #73544 by andypugh

ended up with with the prb_rfx2 pin file flashed to mesa, but it seems like it is missing pwm on pin 1

It looks like the only standard bitfile with PWM on Pin1 is DMMBob, and that has the step and direction pins switched compared to what you need.

and I couldn't program an enable pin for the drives also.

That ought to be fairly easy, you just need to link a GPIO pin. However pin 14 on the RF1 bitfile is set up as the spindle PWM, so only becomes available as GPIO if you set num_pwmgens to zero in the config.
Does your BoB output an analogue voltage based on the PWM on Pin 1? If so then your simplest option is probably to use the dmmbob firmware and swap the step/dir wires at the drive end as apart from the switched step/dir lines that appears to suite your BoB well.

After manually enabling the drives I had some motion on axis x,y,z.but not good.

What sort of "not good" ? Depending on the drives you may need to invert the step pins to get the right sort of drive signal. Otherwise look at that step time setting.
The following user(s) said Thank You: pacman13b

More
18 Apr 2016 16:38 #73545 by G0G53Z148
Have you copied the Hostmot2 files into the %root% firmware/hm2 directory? this is important

when you start pncconf you have to select the rfx2 firmware in pncconf after flashing the card and press accept
i have no computer here with linuxcnc on it you must a little improve

at the start configurating page of mesacard in pncconf you select 0 encoders then you can use the encoderpins for I/O

only the pwm you must bridge with an adaptor to the cross of the cable
i do not use pwm regulation
and then you canb klick any pins in the dropdown list
this is all i know about this sorry more help i cant give to you

the numbers at last 000: 1: 001: are the digital inside pins this are not the output pins this is important
the grean and red numbers in the pictures should be the Real pin numbers
if you want to have them others you have to seek an coder who makes a custom bitfile

i hope you help this to get it up
Attachments:

More
18 Apr 2016 17:38 #73552 by pacman13b
Thanks mate, I'll give it a go. :)

More
20 Apr 2016 18:20 #73657 by pacman13b
hurray...... Got movement on all axes's . Had to dig up and read the manual twice overnight to hook up manually by hand and not with pncconf the gpio to HAL. Anyhow got it all setup switches input - outputs working and motors working with dmm_bb2.bit file.

G0G53Z148 your post really helped me on getting the idea of how to map things out.. thank you.

The only thing I can't bypass and I'mm stuck is when testing for motor movement velocity etc. the motor moves but doesn't stop on time
maybe after a long while it keeps on moving and incrementing speed . can't seem to understand, step drivers are DQ860MA, maybe step time delay?? I tried different numbers up to 5000ms but same issue numbers below 2000ms don't run at all. DataSheet of driver say 2500, so I left it there.
Any ideas has anybody reference this situation.

If I do a motor test inside pcnconf +-50mm goes 50.5xx then it comes back to 50.0 with microsteps and vise versa.

The mesa fpga card is really high end. Keep up the excellent hardware r&d.. .

Thank you all for getting me up and running .. :) :)

Moderators: PCWjmelson
Time to create page: 0.218 seconds