Mesa 7i76e - Joint 0/2 following error

More
16 Jul 2017 16:52 #95853 by PCW
Yeah, a USB/Ethernet adapter will not work for realtime Ethernet
(though its fine for normal Internet access so you could use it for that if your WIFI has issues)

Enabling/Disabling WIFI is done in Linux with the network manager

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Jul 2017 19:22 #95857 by JackBerkhout
Hi, I couldn't find the 'network manager', but did found
'Applications Menu' -> 'Settings' -> 'Network Connections', however I didn't find a way to disable WiFi.
Am I overlooking a menu item?

More
16 Jul 2017 19:29 #95858 by PCW
I forget where the menu is on XFCE but I think its launched by one of the small top/bottom bar icons

More
17 Jul 2017 15:41 #95907 by andypugh

I forget where the menu is on XFCE but I think its launched by one of the small top/bottom bar icons

I have a feeling that the LinuxCNC Debian distribution doesn't have a graphical network manager. It's all done with awkward command-line stuff. :-(
The following user(s) said Thank You: JackBerkhout

More
17 Jul 2017 17:02 - 17 Jul 2017 18:08 #95929 by JackBerkhout
Hi Andy, Thanks, I've done such in the past, fair enough.
I will look into it later, tomorrow I'm visiting my friends with the Emco lathe that I'm going to convert, need to do some preparations. I got the 180V DC motor driver (0-5V) from China, and like to hook it up.
They are good with the mechanics (they are building steam trains > 200kg), I have chosen to dive into LinuxCNC and doing the electronics. :-)

My cousin asked me if I could help them out with something.
They had an Emco Compact 5 CNC with (partially?) failing electronics. Then they tried to resuscitate it with a car battery charger, poking the electrodes onto various places on several boards, but no help. It didn't make the electronics alive. Probably only some smoke signals, but no real rescue really...
After trying that, they asked me to come over have a look at it...
So after inspecting it, I decided to not use anything of the electronics and have let them remove all of it. :-) But now it's my turn... choosing LinuxCNC, which I first have to learn. It's rather a project on its own... :-)
Regards,
Jack.
Last edit: 17 Jul 2017 18:08 by JackBerkhout.

More
17 Jul 2017 23:27 #95949 by rodw
IF this is your PC, it does have wifi.
www.zotac.com/us/product/mini_pcs/ci320-nano

Are you using it?

The wifi should be a separate (mini) card inside the PC. Consider opening it up and just removing the card. Thats what I did so I was never tempted to try it again.

More
18 Jul 2017 12:07 #95974 by andypugh

They had an Emco Compact 5 CNC with (partially?) failing electronics. Then they tried to resuscitate it with a car battery charger, poking the electrodes onto various places on several boards, but no help.

Yes, applying random voltages to random places is always the best way to fix things :-/

Any chance of exchanging the cousin for a less silly one? :-)

More
18 Jul 2017 17:22 - 18 Jul 2017 17:31 #96005 by JackBerkhout
Hi Rod, you are totally correct!
It's not powerful, but I had it laying around.
Somehow I thought my mesa board would have WiFi, after reading I had to disable it, but of course later I understood this was regarding the PC. :-)
Sometimes I still get the "Unexpected realtime delay on task 0", while WiFi isn't connected, but also (not yet) disabled.

By now I disabled the WiFi:
$ nmcli wifi
enabled
$ nmcli wifi off
$ nmcli wifi
disabled

This is persistent across reboots...

Let's see if I still get the error sometimes...

Thank you very much for helping me so much with LinuxCNC, I really can learn a lot here!
At the moment I have made advanced, thanks to you!
Kind regards,
Jack.
Last edit: 18 Jul 2017 17:31 by JackBerkhout.

More
18 Jul 2017 17:28 - 18 Jul 2017 17:29 #96007 by JackBerkhout
Electronics has been my passion over the last 40 years, so you know how I feel when I inspect the electronics and hear him telling this story at the same time to indicate he did everything he could... :-) Everyone has a strength, I believe. Obviously, electronics wouldn't quickly decide to make friends with him. :(
Last edit: 18 Jul 2017 17:29 by JackBerkhout.

More
18 Jul 2017 17:34 #96008 by JackBerkhout
BTW, we are close together, but I wasn't close when he attempted to force it to life. :-)

Moderators: PCWjmelson
Time to create page: 0.219 seconds