Mesa 5i25 & 7i77 bios

More
19 Dec 2019 14:06 - 19 Dec 2019 14:07 #152908 by slckzbn
Replied by slckzbn on topic Mesa 5i25 & 7i77 bios

PCW wrote: if this is a standard LinuxCNC installation you might try

sudo apt-get install mesaflash

To read the parameters you start a Linuxcnc session and use the
"machine" --> "show hal configuration" --> "show" menus to navigate to something like
"parameters" --> hm2_5i25.0.7i77.0.swrevision


i check "machine" --> "show hal configuration" --> "show" --> "parameters" --> hm2_5i25.0.7i77.0.swrevision. Owner: 20 Type: u32 Dir:RW Value:0x0000000E
Last edit: 19 Dec 2019 14:07 by slckzbn.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Dec 2019 14:15 #152909 by PCW
Replied by PCW on topic Mesa 5i25 & 7i77 bios
Right so that is current.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Dec 2019 14:31 - 19 Dec 2019 14:34 #152910 by PCW
Replied by PCW on topic Mesa 5i25 & 7i77 bios

barisduzenli wrote: Hello

We could not get encoders data.

History;
1-) We wired 5i25 + 7i77 + 4 Delta Servos
- 5i25 works, 7i77 works and linuxcnc works
- we have disabled limitswitches' pins or ports (LMT SWT)

2-) At Axis GUI, we can drive servos basicly. We can turn clockwise or counter clockwise at fast speeds or Low speeds each of three axis by manuel click control.

But we have in trouble with two things now.

1-) At the beginning, the servos turns slowly in clockwise without any click or mdi commands. We could not achieve to stop them via mdi commands. When we press to home continues to turn.

2-) When we use mdi command to move a position for each axis independently. The servo related to axis starts to turn but not stops again. we can control the speed and direction of the servo via random mdi commands. But impossible to stop it.

We are in doubt with wirings that you can find in the attachments. Or something else that we do know.


Did you look at the servo tuning tutorial?

step # 1 is to get the encoders working, scaled correctly and in the correct directions
(you really should not even have the analog connections at this point)

You can do a quick check of encoder connections by measuring the voltage from
A to /A and B to /B. If the motors are static, this voltage should be from +2 to +5 or -2 to -5
(and should change from + to - if you move the motor shaft)

The motors should be disabled at this point (this is step #2 in the tutorial)
I don't know how the motor enables work on your drives If they move with no
connections as you have, you may need to add a relay with a NC contact to
disable the drives when LinuxCNC is not in the run state
Last edit: 19 Dec 2019 14:34 by PCW.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Dec 2019 15:01 #152911 by barisduzenli
Replied by barisduzenli on topic Mesa 5i25 & 7i77 bios

PCW wrote:

barisduzenli wrote: Hello

Did you look at the servo tuning tutorial?

step # 1 is to get the encoders working, scaled correctly and in the correct directions
(you really should not even have the analog connections at this point)

You can do a quick check of encoder connections by measuring the voltage from
A to /A and B to /B. If the motors are static, this voltage should be from +2 to +5 or -2 to -5
(and should change from + to - if you move the motor shaft)

The motors should be disabled at this point (this is step #2 in the tutorial)
I don't know how the motor enables work on your drives If they move with no
connections as you have, you may need to add a relay with a NC contact to
disable the drives when LinuxCNC is not in the run state


Yes we are looking at the servo tuning tutorial.

I disabled servo by setting P02-30 parameter to "00". Then servos can be turned easily by hand.
The voltage between A to /A is 0.353V. And the voltage between B to /B is 0.203V when static. No change is occured while I am turning the shaft of servo.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Dec 2019 15:06 - 19 Dec 2019 15:12 #152912 by PCW
Replied by PCW on topic Mesa 5i25 & 7i77 bios
OK that suggests a wiring or pinout error

Do you have the drive manual?
Last edit: 19 Dec 2019 15:12 by PCW.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Dec 2019 18:52 #152917 by barisduzenli
Replied by barisduzenli on topic Mesa 5i25 & 7i77 bios

PCW wrote: OK that suggests a wiring or pinout error

Do you have the drive manual?


Yes I have. It on the internet.
I am using ASDA-A2 750W sets.

I dont know I am checking encoder wiring but It seems right.

There are 5V pins both on 7i77 and drivers encoder pins. I am wiring to each other. ? but I am not sure wich one is supplier and which one is consumer?

www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j...-zXQH0k88-Lv2WGWlWB6

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Dec 2019 19:13 #152918 by PCW
Replied by PCW on topic Mesa 5i25 & 7i77 bios
The encoder signals all come from the drive. They are differential 5V signals
There should be no 5V pin on the drives encoder output (from CN1)
The 7I77s 5V encoder pin should be left unconnected

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Dec 2019 19:19 #152919 by barisduzenli
Replied by barisduzenli on topic Mesa 5i25 & 7i77 bios

PCW wrote: The encoder signals all come from the drive. They are differential 5V signals
There should be no 5V pin on the drives encoder output (from CN1)
The 7I77s 5V encoder pin should be left unconnected


Isnt it CN5 ? And It worked 2-3hours while 5v volt pins wired. I hope we dont damage anything.

I ll unconnect 5v pins from driver but I use CN5 :s

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Dec 2019 19:28 #152920 by PCW
Replied by PCW on topic Mesa 5i25 & 7i77 bios
CN5 is wrong, that's an encoder input
The following user(s) said Thank You: barisduzenli

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Dec 2019 19:36 #152921 by barisduzenli
Replied by barisduzenli on topic Mesa 5i25 & 7i77 bios

PCW wrote: CN5 is wrong, that's an encoder input


Wow :blush: Thank you PCW. If we dont damage anything, I have hope for tomorrow :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: PCWjmelson
Time to create page: 0.109 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum