7i76E Ethernet setup

More
07 Dec 2020 13:50 #191307 by Mmarmino
Replied by Mmarmino on topic 7i76E Ethernet setup
You said that I needed to set a driver option for the ethernet chip. Is this the same as disable IRQ coalescing?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Dec 2020 15:05 - 07 Dec 2020 16:30 #191314 by Mmarmino
Well, I received some feedback from the guy who's conversion that I've been following, he said his ping times are around a .07. Only difference that we see in the hardware is that his NUC is about three generations older than mine AND he is running debian9 in order to use probe basic. He didn't disable IRQ coalescing. Knowing what I know now( which isn't much!) if I can't get this figured out then I might do a fresh install. I'm a tool and die maker /machinist by trade, so all this software is new.
Last edit: 07 Dec 2020 16:30 by Mmarmino.

More
07 Dec 2020 15:25 #191315 by PCW
Replied by PCW on topic 7i76E Ethernet setup
I don't think you need to change anything
I would try it as is, and if you get real time issues
lower the servo thread rate a bit
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mmarmino

More
08 Dec 2020 10:55 #191409 by Mmarmino
Went back out to the shop and hooked up the steppers to the cpu and I just ran through the Pncconf and basically just left all the values at default other than assigning steppers. I opened the gui and jogged the motors, I didn’t think anything was advancing, but there was slight movement in each of the axis. So thats a plus! I’m gonna go back through and adjust settings in the Wizard tomorrow and see if that speeds things up.

Moderators: PCWjmelson
Time to create page: 0.113 seconds