Brother TC-225 / TC-229 adventure!

More
25 Jun 2018 19:02 #112858 by ihavenofish
if someone else wants an adventure:
hgrinc.com/productDetail/CNC/Used-Brothe...-Center/06180080003/

this one is 10000rpm (i think), 1417ipm in the xy, and analogue drives.
so, closer to my tc229 in performance, but without the useless serial drives.

of course, thats assuming its all in running order. im curious if the "newer" higher performance analogue sanyo drives in this will behave better under linuxcnc than my old ones. id buy it myself if i wasnt still looking for a place to put my existing machines :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Jan 2020 20:23 #155111 by ihavenofish
So, I have to move, and I think one of the 2 brothers I have in storage should find a new home.

My thought is to keep the tc229, and take the spindle motor and drive from the tc225 and put it on the tc 229.

so the tc 225 would go for sale as a retrofit project with no drives, no motors, no control panel or main board, but everything else youd actually need for an easy linuxcnc conversion in tact.

as is specs would be:
- good linear guides with good seals
- good ball screws with 0.0004 to 0.0008" backlash. repacking would get them perfect again for minimal cost.
- good way covers and seals.
- easy to interface relay and io board with all the contactors, power supplies and transformers and braking resistors
outer cabinet has been acid cleaned and ready for new paint
- atc carousel is in perfect condition, no broken arms, I have linuxcnc code to control it in a reliable bi-directional; fashion (however you need to work out the save zone travel limits)

If anyone would like this as a jumping off point, I'd like to get rid of it soon - before march. if I end up having to move it, ill just keep it :)

More
19 Jan 2020 20:33 #155189 by andypugh
I am not in the market for your machine, but I suspect it would help to say which continent it is located on, at the least.

More
19 Jan 2020 20:37 #155190 by ihavenofish
ill just fedex it… haha. :)

Toronto, Canada.

More
13 Mar 2020 22:20 #160085 by HalaszAttila
Hello,

can you explain a little bit more detailed how i can add together the Z and W axis? Because i work on the same machine, i i want to solve tool changer mechanism to be safety.

I try to configure Z axis 250mm work length and above them W axis.
W axis MAX 140,0
W axis MIN 0,0
Z axis MAX 0,0
Z axis MIN -250,0

with mux2 and, tristate components a combined the commanded signals form Z and W axis motion + encoder feedback signal with one PID module, that controlled the servo driver.
But because of floating point modules (mux2, tristate) in the commanded and feedback signals has 1-2 PLC cycle delay, and this is totally upset the PID control.
With just Z axis, following error is about 0,005 mm, with W axis and float modules, on the same speed it is about 0,2mm.

What you think how can i solve the ATC with Z + W axes, when W is the restricted area of tool changer.

Thanks.

More
13 Mar 2020 22:50 #160092 by tommylight
Deleted double post.
P.S.
@HalaszAttila
There was a user here a while back trying to retrofit a punch press, similar to the one you did some years ago, but we could not find any info on how you did it or any configs, that would help him.

More
14 Mar 2020 07:29 - 14 Mar 2020 07:30 #160141 by HalaszAttila
Sorry, I dont find here in forum any topic about punch press retrofit.
Last edit: 14 Mar 2020 07:30 by HalaszAttila.

More
17 Mar 2020 12:59 #160551 by andypugh
I think that the answer might be to do the calculations in the kinematics module (ie use a slightly modified trivkins)

More
26 Mar 2020 14:29 #161571 by rmu
I acquired a TC225 about a year ago and am in the process of converting it. As i have no manuals and figuring out pinouts is a very tedious process I wanted to ask if you could share the pinouts of the connectors to the spindle and servo amplifiers? Thanks.

More
31 Mar 2020 09:45 #162223 by stal
please tell me if you keep the original spindle motor ? and how you drive this ?
all I know about thi is read on the old manual :
rated output (w) ...3100
rated torque (1lbs.inch) ...104
rated speed (rpm) ...3000
rated voltage (v) ...140
rated curent (a) ....36
maxim speed (rpm) ...6000

thank you!!!

Moderators: cncbasher
Time to create page: 0.245 seconds