7i96 Spindle Wiring

More
27 Feb 2020 19:27 #158684 by tommylight
Replied by tommylight on topic 7i96 Spindle Wiring
Those should work, although no current rating on them.
The following user(s) said Thank You: dzawacki

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Mar 2020 17:35 #159426 by dzawacki
Replied by dzawacki on topic 7i96 Spindle Wiring
Alright, so I ordered this driver and it came today: www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07TNRDNYW/

Looking at it , it came pre-wired with the switch and the speed pot. There are two connections for power which are straight forward, which leaves 8 open connections for the motor I have ( www.sensata.com/sites/default/files/medi...-19-bdna_drawing.pdf . As is usually the case for these things shipped from the Chinese factory, there are no instructions for me to work with. And the labels on the driver do not match the labels for the motor.

Is there anyone who can help me with some wiring suggestions?

More
09 Mar 2020 00:13 #159536 by andypugh
Replied by andypugh on topic 7i96 Spindle Wiring
That looks like a 0-10V analogue controlled driver.
It would be very easy to control with a 7i76E, but I suppose telling you that isn't much help.

Is it the control side that you are concerned about, or the motor wiring?

The motor should be fairly simple, 3 big wires for the motor coils (UVW or ABC) and then three small ones for the hall sensors, and 2 more for the hall sensor power.

It looks like this is the motor driver data sheet: myosuploads3.banggood.com/products/20190...U600181WS55-1801.pdf

Though that data sheet shows a +5V supply for the Hall sensors, and there is no such connector on the Amazon photo.
The following user(s) said Thank You: dzawacki

More
19 Mar 2020 03:38 - 19 Mar 2020 03:39 #160705 by dzawacki
Replied by dzawacki on topic 7i96 Spindle Wiring
Well, it took a small bit of troubleshooting and a whole lot of patience but I finally was able to get the spindle to turn!

Thank you for those who offered advice on this. I really cannot say how much I appreciate it. I would have been quite lost otherwise.

Now I just have a replacement stepper driver coming tomorrow to install, wire up the limit switches, and wire up the emergency stop button and then this whole thing should be ready to make some chips!
Last edit: 19 Mar 2020 03:39 by dzawacki.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

More
19 Mar 2020 09:11 #160722 by tommylight
Replied by tommylight on topic 7i96 Spindle Wiring
Nice.

Moderators: cncbasher
Time to create page: 0.086 seconds