Mostly 3D Printed CNC Foam cutter

More
16 Jun 2024 22:53 #303136 by my1987toyota
A 1 to 2 meter long wingspan using a Clark-Y should do well. or longer if you prefer motor gliders.
it would probably depend more on how heavy the whole plane would be or all up weight.
If you're expecting to fly outside on mildly windy days or inside a warehouse .
Some of the indoor warehouse planes can get impressively large.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight, Clive S

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Jun 2024 18:28 #304045 by my1987toyota
Next update

The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

More
29 Jun 2024 22:52 #304065 by tommylight
I have 6S batteries rated at 32AH and 10C weighing in at 3.7KG, so halving that to 3S would be 1.9KG, elctronics and motors and GPS and stuff another KG, plane due to not being able to find anything useful here would have to be styrofoam or that dense pink styro and would need to be covered in fiberglassed resin so probably at least another KG, totaling close to makes no difference 4KG.
I have 2213 motors with 10" two bladed props that can lift 1.1KG each at 4S, probably 0.6KG at 3S ... and writing this the reality kicks in, this might be to heavy for two of those motors ...
What is the weight to lift ratio for a plane that can handle a bit of wind?
-
P.S.
Sorry for being absent a bit lately, had flooding on both shops a few days back so cleaning all day every day for now.
The following user(s) said Thank You: my1987toyota

More
30 Jun 2024 02:24 #304072 by my1987toyota
WOW  4Kg is a lot of weight for a couple 2213 motors and 10" props to get into the air. That said you definitely
wouldn't be worried about the wind. You would probably need the wind to get off the ground. I will admit my
expertise in such matters is limited. If it were me I would probably go with a delta wing or a flying wing design so
it would cut through the air nicely and still give lots of lift for the weight. The old Avro Vulcan bomber would
give a good starting point. Lots of wing area . At that point though one would need to think about what size
servos and or how many to use per control surface.  For my stuff I am staying in the under 1Kg region.
For now anyway. LOL
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

Moderators: cncbasher
Time to create page: 0.125 seconds