4th Axis rotation angle limit problem

More
18 Nov 2017 20:10 - 18 Nov 2017 20:13 #101979 by eFalegname
Hi Andy, thank you so much!
It works like a charm... pretty awesome.
I'll post a video next week, now I have to figure out how to do the toolpaths correctly.
Cheers,
Floris
Last edit: 18 Nov 2017 20:13 by eFalegname.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Sep 2018 13:46 - 28 Sep 2018 13:47 #118112 by eFalegname
Hi Andypugh!
It has been a few months since I tried this configuration successfully, even if I never used it. Now that I've decided to finally make it work, I need to convert it to adapt to a Mesa 6i25 card. I have many doubts because I don't know if the HAL mux component should work only with base-thread or with servo-thread. The most complicated point is which pins are the correct ones for the mux, since I get an error when linking the stepgens. Here I attach the configuration of my cnc router to ask you to please give it a look and advice me on how to correct the mux function. I've been trying to do it myself without success. Thanks in advance.
Floris

File Attachment:

File Name: custom_pos...9-28.hal
File Size:1 KB

File Attachment:

File Name: custom_2018-09-28.hal
File Size:4 KB

File Attachment:

File Name: XYZA-T_MESA.hal
File Size:7 KB

File Attachment:

File Name: XYZA-T_MESA.ini
File Size:7 KB

File Attachment:

File Name: PINOUT.txt
File Size:2 KB
Last edit: 28 Sep 2018 13:47 by eFalegname.

More
28 Sep 2018 16:52 #118129 by eFalegname
I found this answer given by PCW about the mesa stepgen pin:

The stepgens in mesa hardware are built into the firmware and wired to fixed interface pins
( which pins are determined by the particular firmware used )
you do not control them at the pin level but rather by position or velocity commands

Does it mean that it is necessary to address this problem in a completely different way?
Floris

More
28 Sep 2018 20:25 #118140 by andypugh

I found this answer given by PCW about the mesa stepgen pin:

The stepgens in mesa hardware are built into the firmware and wired to fixed interface pins
( which pins are determined by the particular firmware used )
you do not control them at the pin level but rather by position or velocity commands

Does it mean that it is necessary to address this problem in a completely different way?

Yes. you will need to switch between different inputs to the hm2_5i25.0.stepgen.NN.velocity-cmd pins.

Still with a mux2, probably.

I am pretty sure that it can still be made to work, but with two PIDs. One for position control and one for velocity control. This is _very_ similar to the spindle-orient problem covered in other posts to this forum.

More
17 Feb 2021 22:21 #199188 by wesolowskig
I've been using Piet's most excellent M100 and M101 commands to toggle between position mode and velocity mode to do some turning projects - thanks!

One minor issue I did run into is that, if I am running in velocity mode (e.g., M100 P80) and I activate the estop, the A axis does stop turning (and all other motion stops), but subsequently bringing the machine out of estop causes the A axis to resume motion. For safety I'd like the A axis to be stopped in this case. In other words, when estop is activated, I'd like to return the A axis to position mode, as if the "M101" command had been run.

I've been reading up about estop chains, etc., but haven't been able to come up with a solution to this.

Has anyone solved this?

Thanks,
--George

Time to create page: 0.088 seconds