Limit error

More
10 Feb 2015 03:22 #55846 by Todd Zuercher
Replied by Todd Zuercher on topic Limit error
If you are using Axis as your Linuxcnc screen, click on the machine pull down menu and there it is. I can't say for sure where to find it in some of the other screen choices.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Feb 2015 06:21 #55847 by MAG45
Replied by MAG45 on topic Limit error
Okay, i found it, but not really sure what im looking at. Im guessing i need to reconnect my limits and switch them on and off to look for a change on one of the parameters.

More
10 Feb 2015 13:56 #55851 by MAG45
Okay, so i rewired the E-stops, but dont think i got them right, but i did get it to run. My limit switches are also my homes, luckily the 3 on the home ends are working. So I was able to home it and actually run a warmup program. But theres a new issue that strted when I reconnected the limits. I ended up connecting them all to the same pin on the BOB, But now the computer wont boot linux if the parellel port is plugged in, it just freezes up. If anyone can give me a clear diagram of how to properly wire my limits to the BOB that would be a big help.

More
10 Feb 2015 15:48 - 10 Feb 2015 16:12 #55853 by ArcEye
Replied by ArcEye on topic Limit error
Ignore, double posted
Last edit: 10 Feb 2015 16:12 by ArcEye.

More
10 Feb 2015 16:10 #55854 by ArcEye
I am confused, easily done, about what you have connected.
You say your home and limits are shared and homing works, but then that you connected them all together.

Limit switches can be chained together in series so long as they are NC

Home / limit switches need to be connected individually to 'xhome /x-max-limit' or whatever, there are options in stepconf to do it.

But theres a new issue that strted when I reconnected the limits. I ended up connecting them all to the same pin on the BOB, But now the computer wont boot linux if the parellel port is plugged in, it just freezes up

Unfortunately it sounds like your parport may be fried (albeit given the history I might be rather suspicious of the BOB too)

Is your CNC machine powered when you start?
If you have a powered BOB with opto isolators, having it connected or not should make no difference if it is not switched on, nothing should get through.

The pins should be in an indeterminate state until a driver has claimed it and if having something connected to it prevents booting, that is not sounding promising.

One option would be to buy a PCI parport card, possibly a twin port one to give future expansion if your onboard one turns out to be U/S.
A later netMos one should work without problems
www.linuxcnc.org/index.php/english/forum...-parallel-port-cards

It will be useful for expansion anyway and will comprehensively determine if your existing port is gone .

regards

More
10 Feb 2015 22:13 #55861 by MAG45
I am unsure how to tell on the BOB which connection goes to which pin. I have 5 switches, 1 for Z, 2 for X, and 2 for Y. If yo look at the pic of my BOB wit the 6 terminal connector on the left they were originally connected to 2,4,5 and 6 common. I didnt pay attention to which went where when I pulled it out. I tried to connect it back that way not paying knowing if there was a proper sequence. AXIS didnt recognize them, when you press a limit there is a visual sign on the "DRO" of axis and only Z limit was recognized. So I connected all of them to terminal 5 but now only 3 work and the PC wont boot unless I unplug the parallel port cable, plugging it back in after linux starts.

More
10 Feb 2015 22:49 #55864 by ArcEye

If yo look at the pic of my BOB wit the 6 terminal connector on the left they were originally connected to 2,4,5 and 6 common.

Nothing attached.

What is the make and model of your BOB and please attach your config files (ini and hal at least or just zip the whole dir)

More
10 Feb 2015 23:23 #55867 by MAG45
It is a PminMO 4x072105a

I will have to try and figure out how to get the config and hal from linux later when I go out to the shop.
Attachments:

More
11 Feb 2015 00:32 - 11 Feb 2015 00:36 #55869 by MAG45
Okay, hope this works, and yayy me, first time ever posting from a linux PC!

Oh, and those are changed from my original config on the limits to make it function as it is now.
Attachments:
Last edit: 11 Feb 2015 00:36 by MAG45. Reason: add info

More
11 Feb 2015 01:43 #55871 by alan_3301
Replied by alan_3301 on topic Limit error

Time to create page: 0.113 seconds