Linuxcnc for CNC-STEP HIGH Z 400

More
12 Nov 2015 18:10 #65172 by gaeldk
Hello,

I am desperately trying to setup linux cnc for a CNC-STEP High Z machine with a Zero 3 controller from www.cncstepusa.com/

I have setup things properly I think according to the specs of the motors (200 steps per rev, 10 micro steps, screw pitch of 10mm per rev, max speed at 133 mm/s and to be safe I started with an acceleration of 50 mm/s2) . Also used the config and info from lavalu.de/EMC_Wizard.html

But no joy at all, either with my settings or those from Lavalu.... I just hear some noises in the motors but never get them to move when testing the different axis i stepconf...

Also the 2nd led on the controller which is supposed to indicate an active link to the PC never turns green... Maybe there is some init sequence to enable the controller properly ?

So far CNC-Step are silent and did not provide me with a LinuxCNC config file for their machine... I have sent mine for them to test but no answer.... :(

So this message in case one you came across one of those machines or one of those controller.

Thanks for the help.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Nov 2015 18:58 #65177 by LearningLinuxCNC
According to the manual for the controller LPT pin 16 is a watchdog/chargepump pin. Do you have linuxcnc configured to use the chargepump?

It would be best to post your configuration files in a zip file so we can look at it. We will need your .INI and .HAL files.

More
12 Nov 2015 18:58 #65178 by tommylight
Just went through the user manual for the control box, and them being German, you have everything explained thoroughly, and from your description it looks like you are missing the "charge pump" signal at pin 16 on LPT1 ( you do not need the second LPT ). Lcnc has a charge pump and as far as i recall it has it on the stepconf wizard set at pin 16 as default. The other pins are standard so you should get movement as soon as you enable charge pump.

Regards,
Tom

More
12 Nov 2015 19:03 #65179 by LearningLinuxCNC
Beat you by that much Tom :silly:

More
12 Nov 2015 19:20 #65181 by tommylight
LOL, was reading something else when i got the e-mail on the phone, i am still laughing. Nice one Nitro, You win a beer ( or several :) ) when i get to U.S. sometime next year. After watching so many movies and repeatedly hearing the phrase "better INS than IRS", i can confirm that without ever stepping foot on U.S. soil !!!! On Monday i was contacted by INS, so finally i can visit the Hoover dam and Niagara and Colorado and NASA MIT ........evrything !!!!!
Tom

More
12 Nov 2015 20:02 #65183 by gaeldk
No, no charge pump is set up...

Thanks guys for this ! Am not at the office right now (am in Europe) so I look forward to try this tomorrow morning.

Attached is my conf.

File Attachment:

File Name: highz.zip
File Size:6 KB
Attachments:

More
13 Nov 2015 00:53 #65192 by tommylight
no no no you do not have the charge pump enabled, so you need to add this line to your highz.hal just under the step and dir outputs
net charge-pump => parport.0.pin-16-out
and that would be it for the time being.
Tom

More
13 Jan 2016 22:25 #68331 by gaeldk
Forgot to come back here and thank you guys for the help... charge pump was definitely not enabled...

The machine works but I wanted to fine tune it using stepconf, how do you then enable the charge pump to be set while working in stepconf to test speed and acceleration for example ?

More
13 Jan 2016 23:58 #68334 by tommylight
In stepconf choose charge pump for pin 16 and it should activate it when you get to axis setup, if not, finish that config and save it, open it again in the stepconfig (there is a choice for a new config or opening an existing one), and it will work.
Tom

More
19 Feb 2019 09:34 #126760 by utilisateurflo
Hello, I just acquired a high-z400t with a Zero3 controller and I have the same problem except that the activation of the charge pump does not change anything.
In my case I feel that the movements are well received by the engines (they change noise when I request a movement) but nothing moves, just the sound of engines changes.
I can activate / deactivate the spindle motor.
I think there is just a problem in my configuration (driver timing?) Or parallel port (bios: 0x378 irq7 pcspp / tristate) ...
Do you have a valid stepconf and .al configuration to show me to make a comparison please?
Thank you so much,
Flo

Time to create page: 0.094 seconds