Biesse Rover 336 retrofit 5i23-7i44-7i66 and 7i33TA

More
22 Oct 2018 10:29 - 22 Oct 2018 10:32 #119196 by Sytreca
We think it might be the feedback is backwards. How do we change this?
Last edit: 22 Oct 2018 10:32 by Sytreca.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Oct 2018 10:43 #119197 by andypugh
Just change the sign of the encoder feedback scale.

If that leaves the axis running the wrong direction, change the encoder scale back and change the sign of the PWM scale.

More
22 Oct 2018 10:56 #119199 by Sytreca
We tried both of these things but the motor just starts up, turns rapidly and the machine shuts down completely

More
22 Oct 2018 11:31 #119201 by andypugh
Is the motor connected to the axis? (It is probably best if it isn't at this point)

At a guess the system shuts down through following-error?

Is your PID active? How is it tuned? I am assuming velocity-mode servos here (I haven't read back through the previous messages). If that is the case, are the tachos working? Perhaps the tachos and motors have different polarity?

More
22 Oct 2018 11:45 #119202 by Eliot60
The axis is not connected at this time

The system does shut down with a joint 1 following error

Right now we have a P=1 with I and D zero and ff1 is 0.00000001 these settings do work on a servo of a diffrent Axis (way smaller Axis) on the machine. The servo motors are controlled through yaskawa servo packs where we send out drive signal and receive encoder feedback

More
22 Oct 2018 12:16 #119204 by Sytreca
We did manage to make it work. We started with P on 1. Apparently this was way to high. We fixed it by changing P to 0.01

More
08 Nov 2018 10:42 #120246 by Sytreca
Hey me again

we have made some good progress. now we want to home the machine. for each axis we have a different home switch. we try to use these home switches but when we put the different inputs at the home linuxcnc does'nt boot.

Is there a way to make this work?

kind regards

More
08 Nov 2018 14:21 #120264 by tommylight
Yes there is and it works, always, but wee need much more information about the machine, wiring, hal and ini files etc.
Just went through this thread and noticed some issues, namely the PID values are way off. That means something in your ini/hal files is set up incorrectly or wiring is not properly done.
I did set up Yaskawa drives and they are very easy to tune with Linuxcnc ( about 5 minutes for 3 axis ).
Feedback from the encoders should go to the drives, drives have outputs that go to Linuxcnc. the loop has to be closed at the drive first, then Linuxcnc, otherwise the drive will not function properly.
This post took 3 hours to write ! :)

More
22 Dec 2018 08:23 #122745 by Naas
OK, so now its my turn to continue this project.
This is my machine, but Eliot60 and Sytreca did most of the work so far as a school assignment.
Status of the machine so far:

XYZ axis running and tuned
Homing procedure implemented
spindle control working

all i/o connected

Needless to say i am very happy with the progress we've made so far.

Now i want to implement all the I/O operations (there are a lot of them on these machines).

Do i need to make a choice between classicladder and python, or are there some things where there is only one possibility?
How does all this tie in with the GUI and G-code?

More
22 Dec 2018 14:03 #122748 by tommylight

Now i want to implement all the I/O operations (there are a lot of them on these machines).

Do i need to make a choice between classicladder and python, or are there some things where there is only one possibility?
How does all this tie in with the GUI and G-code?

Preferably in hal, as much as possible.
Using PyVCP is a nice choice.
Just my way of doing things.

Time to create page: 0.405 seconds