Controlling spindle speed on SiegX2 with 0-10v analogue on MX3660 output SOLVED

More
26 Feb 2019 15:25 #127165 by Leon82
Is your a brushed or brushless motor?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 Feb 2019 16:19 #127168 by jools
It's the 500w hi torque

Though I haven't changed any of the control boards. I've simply swapped the manual potentiometer for the digitally controlled one in the BOB

Jools
The following user(s) said Thank You: Leon82

More
09 Mar 2019 21:59 #128181 by Leon82

It's the 500w hi torque

Though I haven't changed any of the control boards. I've simply swapped the manual potentiometer for the digitally controlled one in the BOB

Jools

Thanks, I think I'm going to to spent the 6 dollars for the isolated board with the 0-10 volt output.

Which terminals dis you hook up to where the potentiometer was?

More
10 Mar 2019 10:34 #128223 by jools
So final write up here for solution.

Basically I had to remove the potentiometer from the final circuit as it interfered with the voltage. As you look at the potentiometer with the legs facing you at the front and describing from left to right you have:

left leg: GND, Middle leg: Wiper, Right leg: +ve

So remove the potentiometer and then the +ve potentiometer connection goes to the +10V on the BOB
The wiper connection is wired to the 0-10V variable output on the BOB
GND is connected to GND

My bob takes 1.1v from the supply voltage to power this function so it slows my spindle speed. I think others have used an external power supply to keep it at the 4.7v that it uses normally.

HTH

Jools
The following user(s) said Thank You: Leon82

More
14 Mar 2019 01:34 #128553 by JohnnyCNC
Yes removing the potentiometer is must. I used a small wall wart power supply connected to P1 & P3 to be able to get the full speed. The speed control board in my X3 just didn't supply enough power.

John

More
23 Mar 2019 00:21 #129317 by Leon82
I'm a little confused, where does the 12volt power come from

The Bob has 0-10 and ground

More
23 Mar 2019 15:35 #129366 by jools

Not as confused as me as I don't know where you're getting 12v from :laugh: , I've never mentioned it.....

Maybe you mean on your 'isolated board'. In which case you probably need a seperate power supply of 12v and you're doing it different to me. I wold think it's roughly the same setup though so read the write up I did and substitute in your bits and the 12v supply and see what happens. If smoke and blue sparks happen then that was wrong :-)

More
23 Mar 2019 15:54 - 23 Mar 2019 15:59 #129370 by Leon82

Not as confused as me as I don't know where you're getting 12v from :laugh: , I've never mentioned it.....

Maybe you mean on your 'isolated board'. In which case you probably need a seperate power supply of 12v and you're doing it different to me. I wold think it's roughly the same setup though so read the write up I did and substitute in your bits and the 12v supply and see what happens. If smoke and blue sparks happen then that was wrong :-)

I think I mean t to say +10volt. The board is isolated.

You had mentioned+10 0-10 and ground
Last edit: 23 Mar 2019 15:59 by Leon82.

More
Time to create page: 0.088 seconds