what is "external offsets"?

More
03 Jul 2021 22:24 #213604 by andypugh
Yes, you probably can use external offsets to move an axis for tool changes.

I am not sure that it is worth it just to make run-from-line work a little better.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Jul 2021 19:00 #213709 by HalaszAttila
The customer need is very strong to use the Run From Line possibility.
Why do you say "little better"? If I know right, when the M6 is remapped (if needed to move axis during tool change), the run from line is unusable.
But if the whole tool change mechanism is solved in HAL (with iocontrol.0... signals) I can use the run from line option without any error, or malfunction. Am I right?

More
05 Jul 2021 22:23 #213796 by andypugh
I just tried run-from-line in the VMC_toolchange sim config (which uses a remapped M6 toolchange) and run-from line seemed to work OK.

What do you believe the problem to be?

More
06 Jul 2021 06:10 #213825 by HalaszAttila
github.com/LinuxCNC/linuxcnc/issues/246

Is this issue, solved in 2.8.2?
I tested the remapped M6 + run from line on 2.7.15, and with this version, doesnt work the run from line.

More
06 Jul 2021 14:38 #213861 by andypugh
It's slightly embarassing that the issuou outstanding was raised by me, and I have forgotten all about it...

I haven't tested it with a G-code file with tool changes in it.

But I think that the current status is that it runs all the tool changes, but otherwise works as-expected.

I will try to check it tonight.

More
06 Jul 2021 19:58 #213890 by HalaszAttila
Thank you, therefore i planned to solve the tool change in the HAL, with external offset. Other controller have the similar functionality. You can drive axis with G code, and from PLC if needed for tool change.

More
06 Jul 2021 21:19 #213896 by andypugh
I just checked 2.8.2 and Master: Run-from-line works, but will run through all the tool changes up to that point.
That is all that it does, before starting at the line, but it does cycle through the tools.
Depending on the tool-change routine this could also mean that it attempts tool changes with the spindle running, if the user starts the spindle before selecting run-from-line.
The following user(s) said Thank You: HalaszAttila

Time to create page: 0.101 seconds