Need help with Proma file install

More
29 Aug 2019 12:38 #143554 by TexasCNC
inuxcnc 2.7.14
linux 3.4.9

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Aug 2019 15:20 #143561 by TexasCNC
Could you do a video or know of a video on how to do this being a wizard in linuxcnc is easy to say and do? Maybe a short video on what needs to be done to add the Proma THC 150 to your existing axis configuration? Or to upgrade to the new plasmac?

More
29 Aug 2019 23:32 #143620 by TexasCNC
I am looking at the hal file on my config and I have pin 1 to being enable and I needed this to enable my drivers. And when looking at the Toma hal file it doesnt show pin 1 how does this work do i add it and if I do do what do I put it on the new hal file?

More
30 Aug 2019 15:42 #143667 by TexasCNC
Anybody have any idea I tried installing the files I edited the files needed from the how to file and it gives me a error that it cant open linuxcnc. I have tried all I even tried the proma files from the site and I able to open the ini file with linuxcnc but cant power on the Axis to jog or anything

More
02 Sep 2019 20:25 #143936 by andypugh
What does the error message say?
(You can select-all with the button, then Ctrl-C to copy, and paste into a message here)

More
03 Sep 2019 16:27 #144074 by TexasCNC
Sorry I ended up moving to 2.9 on plamac configurator. Been messing with that since I couldnt get the proma config to work with v2.7 I have another desktop setup with v2.7 I will try again there to see if I can get it going. But I dont recall the error message it was giving me. I am new to linuxcnc so I have been learning as I go.

More
04 Sep 2019 05:05 #144120 by TexasCNC
I know I got the v2.9 going but I have another computer with linuxcnc and I am trying to get the toma_thc installed and I got it all the way to opening up the gui but when I hit the toggle machine power on I get a error of *joint 2 on Limit switch error* I have looked over all the files and they are almost identical to my existing working files. I know joint 2 is z axis.

Also I am trying to activate the a axis as I have a y axis with 2 motors and I try to enable them I get the error and gui wont pop up.
I am on my windows laptop I will see if I can get the files so I can post them

More
04 Sep 2019 05:12 #144121 by TexasCNC
Here are the files if somebody can look at them and see whats wrong on them to getting this to work I would appreciate it thanks
THC_Machine is my original working machine

More
04 Sep 2019 06:32 #144129 by pl7i92
why are there so many files its just a view lines in the main mashine HAL

loadrt thcud
addf thcud servo-thread

net TorchUp thcud.torch-up <= parport.0.pin-15-in-not
net TorchDown thcud.torch-down <= parport.0.pin-10-in-not
net CurVel thcud.current-vel <= motion.current-vel
#thcupdouwn 2013 ATTANCION Pins might be renamed
setp thcud.requested-vel 15.0
#setp thcud.vel-tol 8.0
setp thcud.correction-vel 0.001

#THC Proma interaction Z
#net zpos-cmd axis.2.motor-pos-cmd => stepgen.2.position-cmd
#net zpos-fb stepgen.2.position-fb => axis.2.motor-pos-fb
net zpos-cmd thcud.z-pos-in <= axis.2.motor-pos-cmd
net thc-pos-cmd thcud.z-pos-out => stepgen.2.position-cmd
net stepgen-position-fb axis.2.motor-pos-fb <= thcud.z-fb-out

More
04 Sep 2019 15:16 #144156 by TexasCNC
Well some one had mention (not here) that it will be easier to move all the toma files on to my working machine folder and point the the toma ini to my working machine and change my inputs to match mine in which I did but then I was getting the error of it not turning on then I fix the estop command then I got it to give me the gui but when I hit the toggle machine power it gives me the joint 2 error and it wont let me do anything with the controls. So if i enter that config into my existing ini file it should work?

Time to create page: 0.298 seconds