Mesa 7I92 and 7i96 not on supported mesa cards list. Voyage of discovery?

More
11 Oct 2019 17:52 #147717 by tommylight
You definately have something wired wrong in both cases, powering back the parallel port will cause some problems, doing that to USB ports will in most cases kill the mainboard.
If you can still boot from live USB, then most probably the parallel port took quite some damage and since it uses DMA ( direct memory access ), it will mess up communication to a lot of things on the mainboard.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Oct 2019 17:56 #147719 by Louis Cypher
There is not much that can be wrong I think. The board was only connected to USB power and 12V for the endstops. Maybe automatic mode on LPT was a bad idea? But all the stuff we are writing is quite OT in this threas and I am done with linuxcnc until my MESA card arrives. I'll post my wiring here and ask for advice

More
12 Oct 2019 07:45 #147728 by pl7i92
there are good schematics available as you need to tell what hardware you got
6Axis box

Attachments:

More
13 Oct 2019 10:05 #147808 by Louis Cypher
I'll use the Mesa 7i96 powered by a separate 5V Power supply. Endstops will be mechanical switches as well as inductive proximity sensors in the future. I' ll run the sensors on 24 V with a separate power supply for the sensors. Mains power will be 36V

I'll use TB6600 as well as DM542A drivers for my 4 motors in a gantry setup (have to find out whether both of them support differential mode).

Currently I am thinking of having one 24V bus to all axis to power endstops and a seperate cable for sensor signal as well as ground. I have to see whether the proximity sensors have a common ground but I have no idea how they could work without. Given that the 24V bus would be a single wire.

I'll post a wiring graph for review before I start cabling in a separate thread. BTW: what kind of software do you use to draw schematics?

Time to create page: 0.090 seconds