Why real time kernel is needed with board like MESA?

More
14 Oct 2020 13:39 #186092 by pinder
Thefabricator03.
I also want to do the same.

Monthly patreons can be a option.

Other thing, where we can find pathpilot plasma source. Or some info about controller

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Oct 2020 22:45 #186137 by Himarc3D

Thefabricator03.
I also want to do the same.

Monthly patreons can be a option.

Other thing, where we can find pathpilot plasma source. Or some info about controller

I think you need to buy something from they so you can request the source.
To me this stive need talk less and code more, really.
Stive, search for Grotius here at forum and help him into your effort, you wrote a lot use this time to code! Criticizing others work for what, are you adding something, no! Can you do better? So start it and if people have interest they join, simple
The following user(s) said Thank You: rodw, pinder

More
14 Oct 2020 23:40 - 14 Oct 2020 23:41 #186140 by Himarc3D

That's right, OTC Daihen is actually for many quality Japanese products (although this plasma, as well as their welding devices, are made in China).
The D12000 plasma is made for CNC and robots and is at, if not above, the level of Hypertherm's Powermax series. I sold mine and only then I came across a welding robot from OTC Daihen. It has a 350A source and welds perfectly. Inside, the machines look like Hypertherm - made with money!

As for the corrections - that's what I can not explain. If the FPGA is given a task for - distance (inside the FPGA are set the types of speeds G0, G1, jog and accelerations in each of them) and type of speed - then the result will be absolutely accurate performance ALWAYS. With perfect rectangular pulses with perfect acceleration accuracy and reverse acceleration, completely synchronous, no matter how many axes we are talking about - 3 axes, 5 axes or 15 axes !!!
In addition, FPGA can work with feedback check, so as not to make a mistake, even if the problem is after FPGA!

Japanese company in China, Korea, Malasya, Vietnam, Thailand all key jobs are made by japanese staff include maintenance job, assembly and machine operators they use local staff. Usually japanese staff have job shift. IMO its better to have hypertherm because i dont think plasma here in japan have future, people look at this technology obsolete people use it a lot for gouging but in industry i think people prefer laser.
Last edit: 14 Oct 2020 23:41 by Himarc3D.

More
15 Oct 2020 06:45 - 15 Oct 2020 07:21 #186156 by stivemaster13
Please understand that the comparison between plasma and laser is incorrect!
Recently, with the reduction in the cost of laser sources, the cost of such machines has decreased significantly. This leads to much more sales and this leads some people to buy a laser where plasma can be used.
Another factor, of course, is that the Chinese country has managed to control all key companies in the laser business !!! Even today you CANNOT BUY A LASER SOURCE that is not made by a Chinese !!!
Well done to the western world - we will soon realize that we could not afford such simplicity! Because as soon as they realize what the Chinese have done, they will raise the price and ....

An example of an application that until yesterday we could not think of: My friend is going to China to buy a laser at the end of 2019. In the factory he visited they worked with Raykus Laser where the sources are made on a modular basis 1,2,5Kw. In front of him, the factory exported a 30Kw laser which is intended for a shipyard !!! More and more often they produced and delivered such in China !!!
Each of you will ask yourself the question - why the hell is such a powerful laser, since there are mass-cut sheets - 10 ~ 25mm.
Ha .. the answer is to cut faster !!!
For comparison, such a laser cuts 60m2 (its work area is so big) on ​​average in about 2 hours!
Years ago this was done on a gas cutting machine and with it it can last more than 8 hours!

However, where the plasma is strong and it makes no sense to compare with the laser is the cutting of black sheet metal 3-20 mm and is looking for a low price and low series.

Something I want to mention and should pay attention to!
In 2/3 of the plasma cutting machines I made, I then added gas cutting equipment! Most people want to be able to rely on the extra ability to cut up to 200mm, with almost no tilt!
So if the plasma profile of LinuxCNC increases the support of gas cutting, it will only bring benefits to future users. Soon torches like SMARTJET will become more popular and will attract more and more. And if resourceful people manage to make a new capacitive control for her even better!
The other CoolJet, of course, can also use standard capacitive control.
In both cases the ignition is plasma, as in the case of a plasma torch (a conductive ion channel is created in the air) so that the ignition is almost 100%!
Last edit: 15 Oct 2020 07:21 by stivemaster13.

More
15 Oct 2020 12:19 #186188 by tommylight
@Stivemaster13,
Now this is much more useful, thank you.
You are right about lasers and china in all accounts, and i for one am p.o. at the rest of the world, that rest of the world looks like a bunch of bad kids standing aside and pulling jokes at china while china has taken production of near damn everything.
As for Oxy cutting, i have also fitted nearly half of my plasma machines with it, and they do work nicely, some have 2 separate Z axis.

More
15 Oct 2020 12:24 #186190 by rodw
Because Linuxcnc has multi spindle support, it should be easy to support flame cutting side by side with plasma just like we do for the engraver now!
The following user(s) said Thank You: pinder

More
16 Oct 2020 09:30 - 16 Oct 2020 09:59 #186266 by Himarc3D
I dont know where you live but here in Japan laser is the way!
The Daihen you told was released in 1988...the last model is from 2000 (compact we have one to cut at field stainless) the annual report from Daihen they at R&D power from wireless, all japanese companies you can check and see no one devenlop plasma anymore, the japanese patents in this field expired they don’t care, better Hypertherm ir the other companie you guys use, japanese stuff is waste of money.
Dude, keep using your stuff from China and be happy whatever you think is fine for you if you are happy!
Taiwan and China maybe you dont know are different...
I brought recently LM guide from HIWINbut chinese sealler (nice guy) ok. I for forgot to buy some blocks and i brought the rest here in Japan from Misumi, same brand but different quality, the chinese stuff dont have line mark and all blocks doesn’t numbered in serie from Misumi HIWIN follow JIS, i think when we buy from china we get low quality...ballscrew japanese i can let it in vertical position and the nut slow down byself expensive but quality. Meanwell power supply i got from china bad one cant get 48 just 43 lol im using Cosel now and many other things....

Just one link with laser made here in Japan, we are very closed market thats why you dont know...the big dogs dont care to open to outside
www.fiberlaser.fujikura.jp/eng/
Have many...patent too...
German is another one make great stuff.
Last edit: 16 Oct 2020 09:59 by Himarc3D.

Time to create page: 0.129 seconds