What alternatives to gantrykins?

More
01 Mar 2020 22:21 - 01 Mar 2020 22:22 #158917 by rodw

Sorry should have posted the link

forum.linuxcnc.org/47-hal-examples/38440...-9-part-video-series

Take care with that link. I watched some of it and it is using outdated info for plasma so I don't know what else is wrong.
There is really no reason to look at outside info when everything you need to set up your machine is in the docs for V 2.8. Particularly the chapter on Homing Configuration.

One thing I can see for 2.8 is that you need set up seperate pins as shared home/limit switches on each side of the gantry so Linuxcnc can square the gantry on homing. At the moment you do not appear to be wired up that way. Also remember to use the home_offset to back off the home switches becasue once the homing sequence is completed, they become limit switches so if they are still activated, you will get an on limit switch error. This offset is also how you get the gantry square. If one side is out by 1mm after homing, change the offset so it is 1mm different to the other side. This is a once off calibration setting.
Last edit: 01 Mar 2020 22:22 by rodw.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Mar 2020 22:45 #162176 by captain chaos
Been busy last 2 weeks, I have removed the limit and home settings and am running on manual homing all going good just doing some fine tuning. Once I've got it going well i will take another look at homing and limits.

rodw said
"One thing I can see for 2.8 is that you need set up seperate pins as shared home/limit switches on each side of the gantry so Linuxcnc can square the gantry on homing"

Thanks for that Rod I see the problem I have seperate pins as shared home/limit switches but what I haven't done is remove, call it, an override switch which held the limits pin high so as not to trip the limit while homing. This was a work around I used with gantrykins setup. and needs to be removed from the circuit.

I will report back when I have these properly installed

More
30 Mar 2020 23:54 #162186 by rodw

I see the problem I have seperate pins as shared home/limit switches but what I haven't done is remove, call it, an override switch which held the limits pin high so as not to trip the limit while homing. This was a work around I used with gantrykins setup. and needs to be removed from the circuit.

Yes, you just need to set ignore limits in your ini file as described in the main homing configuration docs :)

Time to create page: 0.082 seconds