Cnc Help stepper timing and max velocity

More
24 Jan 2020 13:49 - 24 Jan 2020 13:49 #155649 by Leon82
Replied by Leon82 on topic Cnc Help
The Acer is using double step and the dell is not

On the Acer the paraport reset time at the top is 2000.

You can try it at 5000. I think that's what mine was set to
Last edit: 24 Jan 2020 13:49 by Leon82.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Jan 2020 22:18 #155694 by Unique_cnc
Replied by Unique_cnc on topic Cnc Help
Thanks..thats what I dont understand...the hardware(on the cnc side) is the same, but the software settings are completely different in order to get the machine to run with either the dell or acer...shouldn't the stepper timing ect be the same on both PCs???

just to let you know..the settings posted are the only settings that work in stepconfig with no missed steps on either PC... its like the theory goes out the window?? I mean if you look at the acer settings..it does not reflect the hardware I have..neither does the dell...

for example my ballscrews move 4mm per rotation(360deg)...but on the acer its set on 1mm and the dell its 4mm but with 4mm in the gear ratio...but its running 1:1(one rev of motor is one rev of ballscrew)

More
24 Jan 2020 22:51 #155698 by Leon82
It's probably based on your latency. Stepconf is probably picking which is best for each machine

More
24 Jan 2020 22:54 #155699 by Leon82

It's probably based on your latency. Stepconf is probably picking which is best for each machine

The scale should be the same for each one.

So set gear ratio to one (unless you have a reducer) and set your ball screw pitch in the other field

More
25 Jan 2020 04:42 #155708 by Unique_cnc

The scale should be the same for each one.

So set gear ratio to one (unless you have a reducer) and set your ball screw pitch in the other field

that's what I thought..but when I change the ratio to 1:1 and have 4mm ball screw pitch..then I either get missed steps or the movement of the machine doesn't match movement of machine...and i say either or as im not in the shed and i know I tried that,but can remember which of those 2 was the outcome...

More
25 Jan 2020 04:44 #155709 by Unique_cnc
the very last photo I uploaded was what I would have thought the settings SHOULD be..but I get missed steps and not accurate movements..

More
25 Jan 2020 08:44 #155712 by Mike_Eitel
Replied by Mike_Eitel on topic Cnc Help
In both hal files i see steplen and stepspace with value 1.
With your motor drivers in my eyes this is way too small
Try 5000 to be an very safe side and decrease when max speed is to slow.
Also directon changing signals with 50200 are strange looking but not realy disturbing. I'd try 10000.
Do this changes directly in the hal files.
Mike
The following user(s) said Thank You: Unique_cnc

More
25 Jan 2020 21:17 #155756 by Todd Zuercher
Replied by Todd Zuercher on topic Cnc Help
A value of 1 is normal when using the parport reset feature. But 2000 is still kind of short. Try 4000 or 5000.

More
25 Jan 2020 21:57 #155760 by Unique_cnc
ok now I think we are going some where..haha so for some reason the stepconfig wizard is glitchy or am I doing something wrong?

so you guys are saying that i should leave the stepconfig settings as is and mod the .hal file? I will try that and see what happens...

Am I correct in saying that once I mod the file I can't do changes via stepconfig wizard?

Thank guys

More
25 Jan 2020 22:16 #155762 by tommylight
Replied by tommylight on topic Cnc Help

Am I correct in saying that once I mod the file I can't do changes via stepconfig wizard?

Yes.

Time to create page: 0.210 seconds