Getting arc pierces on lead in on inside cuts

More
21 Feb 2020 03:30 #158084 by TexasCNC
I am getting arc marks on my lead ins on my cuts I have checked the kerf width on sheetcam and on the plasma config on the axis tab not sure what else to check I have new consumables do i need to change the kerf width to compensate but I had done that but didnt see a difference. Any info out there for me to check?
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Feb 2020 06:59 #158090 by rodw
What plasma cutter and what thickness material?
What amperage?
What kind of leadin?

I was wondering if your velocity and acceleration is too slow if you were doing a perpendicular lead in. (Which is what I use)

More
21 Feb 2020 08:26 - 21 Feb 2020 08:59 #158099 by bbsr_5a
there is enoph room to start end on a Edge of 90 deg
you shoudt edit the startpoints of eatch cut
Attachments:
Last edit: 21 Feb 2020 08:59 by bbsr_5a. Reason: image

More
21 Feb 2020 11:38 #158119 by tommylight
Are you sure that is caused at the start of the cut and not at the end? The ends tend to make a wide divot, but form the picture it looks like you added lead ins and compensated lead in from the wrong side so it is cutting into material and then backing off.
That can also be caused when the inner part falls off and the arc widens chasing the falling piece.

More
21 Feb 2020 21:52 #158155 by TexasCNC
Well I tried doing lead outs but the torch looses arc then errors out that it lost arc I had brought this up to phill but he said that the post processor he had me load up on sheetcam didn’t show any issues as to why it was doing that. I tried messing with kerf width but that doesn’t seem to help at all. And I am not sure if it’s in the beginning of the cut or end though.

More
21 Feb 2020 21:54 #158156 by TexasCNC
Thermal Dynamics CM52
14g steel
40 amps
Arc lead in
And I tried diff ones but still seems to not working

More
22 Feb 2020 07:49 #158176 by TexasCNC
Changed my kerf width from 0.059 to 0.03 and I can still see the arc marks it makes. Then changed it to 0.07 still the same. I went to ad I measured the kerf width of a test line I made and its close to being 0.04 inches thats why I was putting those numbers to test. I slowed down the THC and I raised the the speed on my cuts as well. Not sure what else to check to get a cleaner cut to get the kerf not to indent the cuts where it starts. I cant do lead outs cause it looses the arc on the inside the cuts so it only has to be lead ins.

More
22 Feb 2020 08:19 - 22 Feb 2020 08:56 #158177 by phillc54
Kerf Width only has an effect in PlasmaC if you are using G41.2 or G42.1 for cutter compensation. It will change the whole part size.
Normally SheetCam would compensate for kerf width and not use cutter compensation.
Could you post the GCode file you are having trouble with and I will have a look tomorrow.

Edit: could you also post a screenshot of the Config and Run panel settings you use for that job.
Last edit: 22 Feb 2020 08:56 by phillc54.

More
22 Feb 2020 08:56 #158182 by tommylight
Those divots are not made at the start of the cut.
They look likely to be made by lead in moving outside of the cut line or from overburn when the plasma is switched off.
Another thing that might cause that at the end is, the step per milimeter or inch is way to low, so for short movements the motors actually stay in one place, causing that overburn. I really doubt it is the latter as the sloped cuts look OK.

More
22 Feb 2020 09:48 #158185 by bbsr_5a
on sheetcam you can look on the path if it is on the right side
and you can do the CONTOUR button and Right mouse on the outer contour
move to new layer and work your way to the contours if they are not in your way orderd to be Inside outside compatible to eatch other
likwise Rhino DXF does lots of path cahanges while Qcad orders/sort/direct all the same way

Time to create page: 0.371 seconds