Getting arc pierces on lead in on inside cuts

More
25 Feb 2020 08:15 #158441 by bbsr_5a
hi im cutting a square 20x20mm at cutspeed Example on every sheet we got even from day to day differs as the Humanity in the shop does effect the plasma
you then can adjust parameters for the day

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Feb 2020 11:26 #158449 by tommylight

More
26 Feb 2020 06:21 #158507 by TexasCNC
I changed the velocity on the ini file and I don’t see a difference on the axis still shows the values as max being 300in/min. I tried going through step config wizard and did it there to change values but didn’t do anything. Then I went to the configurator.py and did reconfigure but it only gives the Hal connections nothing else. Is there something that I am missing or need to change?

More
26 Feb 2020 09:01 #158520 by tommylight
There are several entries in the ini file regarding max velocity, they all have to be changed.
One is in the display section, one should be in TRAJ section if i remember correctly, and for each axis there are two entries, if using 2.8 or 2.9 version of Linuxcnc.

More
27 Feb 2020 01:25 #158593 by TexasCNC
I did that but there is about 4 ini files on the folder of my working axis. And I changed them all and still the same.

More
07 Mar 2020 04:40 #159371 by TexasCNC
I still can get the max velocity to change or get faster is there somewhere else I need to edit?

Also on the Axis panel on the bottom where it reads the Arc voltage in real time while cutting is that suppose to be reading the voltage cause mine is at 0 the entire time.

More
07 Mar 2020 04:45 #159372 by phillc54

I still can get the max velocity to change or get faster is there somewhere else I need to edit?

Can you post your ini and hal files

Also on the Axis panel on the bottom where it reads the Arc voltage in real time while cutting is that suppose to be reading the voltage cause mine is at 0 the entire time.

I think you are using a Proma, so no it won't show the voltage. I should hide that display for Mode 2...

More
07 Mar 2020 04:54 #159374 by TexasCNC
Got it let me add the files give me a sec I have a bunch of files in this working axis.

More
07 Mar 2020 05:06 #159375 by TexasCNC
Here are the files in the folder for my working axis I copied the files on my usb stick I cant see the the .ini files cause I am using windows and I dont have internet connection on my linux machine will these work I am taking a guess on the files.

File Attachment:

File Name: _original_...3-07.hal
File Size:3 KB

File Attachment:

File Name: plasmac_20...3-07.hal
File Size:0 KB

File Attachment:

File Name: plasmac_co...3-07.hal
File Size:0 KB

File Attachment:

File Name: torch_heig...3-07.hal
File Size:4 KB

File Attachment:

File Name: torch_heig...3-07.hal
File Size:2 KB
Attachments:

More
07 Mar 2020 05:11 #159376 by phillc54
The ini file is the most important one...

Can you zip the complete config?

Time to create page: 0.372 seconds