Getting arc pierces on lead in on inside cuts

More
22 Feb 2020 10:32 #158188 by tommylight
Just checked the pictures again, the divots are not where the lead in is in the drawing!
Can you post the drawing and the resulting cut as those above do not look the same.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Feb 2020 23:18 #158248 by TexasCNC
Here is the g code for the following cut I have been doing. I will boot up the linuxcnc machine and get a screen shot of the run panel.
Attachments:

More
22 Feb 2020 23:36 #158250 by phillc54
The code for the internal cuts looks ok. The divots are at the start/end of the cut

The code for the external cut shows a perpendicular leadout and the divot is not at the start/end of the cut

More
22 Feb 2020 23:45 #158253 by TexasCNC
Yes I had changed the lead in and lead out on the outside cuts still see the divot on the outside cuts. What do you think it could be?

More
22 Feb 2020 23:47 #158254 by phillc54
Not sure, I would like to see all the settings.

More
23 Feb 2020 00:12 #158257 by tommylight
That is for sure over-burn at the end of the cut.
You can check that by stopping a cut before it finishes and see if that divot is there or not, the do a full cut.
The reason for that is, you have a long lead in that overlaps with the cut path due to the kerf being 1 to 1.5mm wide, then near the finish there will be no more material left on one side as that part was already cut, hence the full force of the arc is on the remaining material.
There are two solutions for that, one is to issue an M5 from gcode before the end of the cut, the other is to set the post processor to move the end of the cut to about 0.5mm before overlapping with the lead in.
Can you please do a test cut and stop it before the end, about 2 or 3 cm before and report back ?
Thank you.

More
23 Feb 2020 00:47 #158262 by TexasCNC
Here are my settings
Attachments:

More
23 Feb 2020 00:48 #158263 by TexasCNC
Here are the cuts with these settings
Attachments:

More
23 Feb 2020 02:12 #158266 by phillc54
Try it with the Arc Off Delay set to 0 in the Config Panel.

Later versions don't have that because I misinterpreted what it was supposed to be and I did it wrong.

More
23 Feb 2020 04:03 #158271 by TexasCNC
Oh I see that for some reason I thought Arc tab was just for the failed arc. Let me try that to see what it does

Time to create page: 0.121 seconds