What am I doing wrong?

More
01 Jun 2020 17:45 #169690 by JayDeeTOL
Replied by JayDeeTOL on topic What am I doing wrong?
Thanks for the help, but I don't even understand what you just said.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Jun 2020 19:10 #169698 by PCW
Replied by PCW on topic What am I doing wrong?
When you type a command, the OS (Linux in this case) searches
for the file to execute by looking through a list of places (a path)

The configuration utility is installed in your home directory and the search path
needs to have this location added so you can type the command and launch
the configuration utility

More
01 Jun 2020 19:22 #169700 by JayDeeTOL
Again I thank you for the help. I guess I need a ton of teaching on linux. I still don't understand what you're talking about.

I already have a old 2005 windows computer with linuxcnc 2.7.15 and it is working great since the day I installed it. Also I had it up and running in 20 minutes or less.

This build I've been working on since Saturday morning was just meant to be a back-up system and switch over ( HUGE HEADACHE). I am obliviously not getting it and need a major lesson on linux. I have ordered a raspberry Pi and hope I can get that up and running with my mesa 7i92 card. I think it's the computer I need to give up on.

Thanks for the help
Jason DeVault

More
01 Jun 2020 19:33 #169703 by PCW
Replied by PCW on topic What am I doing wrong?
Honestly, a 15 year old computer is likely going to problematic running a newer version of
LinuxCNC and an Ethernet card, though should be workable. If the configuration utility is
a problem you might try the other Mesa card configuration utility: pncconf

More
07 Jun 2020 09:54 #170460 by JayDeeTOL
It's a old computer with a internal parallel port to a C10 BOB( Working Great ). The new set up I was going for was a zotac mini pc and a mesa 7i92 was going to switch to if I could have gotten it set up. I scrapped the idea when I realized i was on my third day of trying. I didn't want to become that fluent in a computer software, So I ordered a Masso G3.

Everyone on Linuxcnc was awesome help, but I was just not understanding a few steps from the new setup.

More
07 Jun 2020 15:32 #170497 by bbsr_5a
Replied by bbsr_5a on topic What am I doing wrong?
its as most in the first place
your 7i92 is not set to the BOB to cummunicate
you got the wrong ip settings open TERMINAL type ip a 192,168,1.10 for your computer woudt be best
type ping 192.168.1.121 the card will response if it is powerd by 5V with a good powersupply
and of you go

Time to create page: 0.082 seconds