Arc Starts, Arc OK good, No motion

More
19 Jun 2020 20:18 #172099 by dave4606
Hi,

Hope this is in the right spot. I have an old, DIY cnc table i've converted over to LinuxCNC with a Mesa 7196e and have had good luck getting everything moving so far, but going into my first cut circle i've run into some issues.

I can get the plasma to turn on with Pulse, i read Arc OK which i would expect. The machine probes the float switch and starts into the cut, pierces, then just stays where its at and doesnt move, with the arc still ON.

Any ideas?

-Dave

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Jun 2020 21:34 #172106 by tommylight
More info,
What config are you using?
What THC?
What mode ?
How is everything connected ?

More
19 Jun 2020 21:59 #172111 by dave4606
What config are you using?
- Running PlasmaC (not sure if this is the question your asking)
What THC?
- THC Disabled, but have a THCAD-10 connected, waiting for my external resistors to take my 1:1 ratio down to something usable
What mode ?
- Running in Mode 1
How is everything connected ?
- I'll have to get a block diagram done when I get a few free minutes.

I was able to do a dry run and it moved just fine with the plasma turned off and disabled.

-Dave

More
19 Jun 2020 22:04 #172112 by tommylight
Do you have wiring going to the plasma machine for the ARCOK signal ?
Mode 1 requires ARCOK signal from the plasma cutter, not synthesized by the THCAD.
If you do not have that wired, changing the mode to 0 should get you going.

More
19 Jun 2020 22:08 #172113 by dave4606
It's wired and as I mentioned in the first post I do see on the dashboard interface a good light for ok arc.

More
19 Jun 2020 22:54 #172117 by tommylight

It's wired and as I mentioned in the first post I do see on the dashboard interface a good light for ok arc.

That does not answer any of my questions.

More
19 Jun 2020 23:05 #172119 by rodw
What Plasma cutter? Is your arcok hardwired to it?

Sounds like something is not connected correctly in your config. There is a spindle at speed pin that is part of linuxcnc and motion will not commence until it is set true. That should be set by Plasmac when it sees your ArcOK.

When things like this happens, its time to start using halshow (show hal configuration in axis) to view the pins. First start with the hardware pin and confirm its working and then move through each subsequent pin.

More
19 Jun 2020 23:55 #172126 by dave4606
Im using a Lotos LTP5500d-cnc cutter. It has 3 sets of connections for CNC, ARC OK, Start Control(Fire), and Arc Voltage (1:1), which are hardwired into the machine through 2 connectors in the back of the unit.

Arc Voltage is not wired yet due to waiting for correct external resistors to ship, but again THC is disabled currently.

ARC OK is wired to the 7i96 and im able to measure it in HAL. When torch begins arc and the arc physically starts on the machine, the bit goes high and the light on the PlasmaC dashboard shows ARCOK.

Start Control is also wired into the 7i96 and is working as intended.

I'll check the Spindle at Speed signal and report back shortly

More
20 Jun 2020 00:20 #172128 by phillc54
PlasmaC doesn't use any spindle.n.at-speed, they should always be True. If you have them connected anywhere in your HAL files then comment them out.

Can you post the G-Code your are trying to cut.

More
20 Jun 2020 00:26 #172129 by dave4606
Thanks for the reply. I was just looking into this and you are correct, my HAL does not have any of the spindle vars.

The g-code was one under the "Extras" tab within plasmac, its a simple 2" diameter circle.

-Dave

Time to create page: 0.112 seconds