Mobile Robot System

More
17 Jul 2021 17:26 - 17 Jul 2021 17:30 #215150 by Aciera
Replied by Aciera on topic Mobile Robot System
Have a look at these www.pepperl-fuchs.com/global/en/classid_...details&prodid=52636
Some Mesa boards support SSI interface.

Although I'm not sure how far your budget of 100k INR is going to get you with sensors like these.
Last edit: 17 Jul 2021 17:30 by Aciera. Reason: typo

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Jul 2021 18:07 #215159 by Bari
Replied by Bari on topic Mobile Robot System
files.pepperl-fuchs.com/webcat/navi/prod...pdf?v=20210717155118
Absolute accuracy ± 2.5 mm (> 3 m); ± 3.5 mm (0.3 m to 3 m)
Repeat accuracy < 0.5 mm

www.alliedelec.com/product/pepperl-fuchs...150-ssi-g2/70561697/ $4,279.560 /Each

Not good enough anyway. You'd have to combine this with something else to improve accuracy.

I usually don't help with homework but...

You could fabricate a roller to print alignment points all over the material before it is cut, then use a similar system to as the Origin to track it. The trick then becomes keeping the roller aligned when printing. But you are doing this step when you're not cutting. Your materials cost has to be low so you have to make up for it with your labor and coding time.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

More
17 Jul 2021 21:27 #215174 by tommylight
Replied by tommylight on topic Mobile Robot System

I usually don't help with homework but...

I would not call a 15X3 meter industrial machine "homework" ... :)

More
17 Jul 2021 21:48 #215178 by Bari
Apparently it is! Neat school. Not sure what else they are giving him for free if his budget is so low.

"I’m based in India and this is my Under Graduate level project and I have three other team mates. We have been assigned two project guides from my college. The project is funded by a consultancy and the initial budget is INR 1 lakh. I want to complete it in the next 3-4 months. I have a little experience with mechatronics and robotics"

100,000 Indian Rupee equals 1,340.29 United States Dollar. That is only a few hours of consulting time, a pile of used parts or 6 tons of steel.

More
17 Jul 2021 22:19 #215179 by tommylight

100,000 Indian Rupee equals 1,340.29 United States Dollar. That is only a few hours of consulting time, a pile of used parts or 6 tons of steel.

Where are you buying that steel ? It is nearly 2 Euro/Kg here (2.5 USD/Kg) and it is not going down no matter how low it goes elsewhere in the globe! Several projects on hold, business is at stand still, all due to the price of metal here ... :(
So that would get roughly 700Kg of steel here.

More
17 Jul 2021 22:27 #215181 by Bari
Scrap price, since they need to get lucky and spread those Rupies over as much as they can get. Who can afford new steel?

More
18 Jul 2021 16:55 #215241 by dhruv
Replied by dhruv on topic Mobile Robot System
Umm the thing is that I also get stuff for less over here. Right now I'm practically looking at getting the bot working with 4 wheel drive with 2 external encoders. Depending on the results after tuning, I may add another set of rotary encoders and do a dual feedback loop.

More
18 Jul 2021 23:50 #215266 by Bari
Another idea to lower cost is to mount cameras on the bot and have a grid system overhead. The grid would give the bot references closer together than just using mirrors for lasers or just the perimeter as a reference.
The following user(s) said Thank You: dhruv

More
18 Jul 2021 23:58 #215267 by tommylight
What is/should be the tolerance of "mecanum" wheels?
I have a feeling that will be the most difficult thing to figure out as they solely rely on slipping.
Another question, what will be the biggest part to be cut at once ?

More
19 Jul 2021 07:21 #215287 by Bari
It's like trying to measure the speed of the boat by only reading the RPM of the propellers.

Time to create page: 0.094 seconds