What does this error code in linuxcnc_debug.txt mean?

More
13 Sep 2021 14:59 #220445 by RékaM
I am trying to figure out how to write the most basic .ini/.hal files that will suit my needs (I just want the vismach simulation to run, not hooking it up to a real machine); the errors coming up when I tried to load my .ini file were helping me figure out what I am missing, but I cannot figure out this one.

When I try to load my .ini file, it says
waitpid failed /usr/bin/rtapi_app trivkins
/usr/bin/rtapi_app exited without becoming ready
insmod for trivkins failed, returned -1

It then says there is more information in linuxcnc_debug.txt but this is the entirety of the file:

Stopping realtime threads
Unloading hal components

What does this 5324 mean? I have been informed waitpid is a C thing so I am investigating that (I know Python and a bit of C# but no C), but I can't make heads or tails of why the debug file just says "5324."

I can attach my .hal and .ini files if needed but I'm not trying to ask anyone to write code for me; I just want to know what this number means. (If you know of any resources that list exactly what is needed for a .hal/.ini file to function, that would be great too. The documentation seems to assume I'm coming in with a lot more background knowledge than I actually have.)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Sep 2021 15:19 #220448 by RékaM
Update: I tried again and the file now says "6249" instead of 5324. Is this an error code or does it mean something else?

More
13 Sep 2021 16:09 #220454 by Aciera
posting your hal and ini files might be the easiest way to get this sorted out.

More
13 Sep 2021 16:28 #220457 by RékaM
These are the files I have been using. I am guessing I just don't have enough in my HAL file, but I don't know what is necessary when I don't care about controlling an actual machine.

I have basically been trying to take what seems to apply from the max5triv and 5-axis bridgemill .ini files. I am currently trying rewriting my .hal file to be more like max5triv but it's not in a testable state yet
Attachments:

More
13 Sep 2021 16:36 - 13 Sep 2021 16:39 #220460 by Aciera
One thing that's probably necessary for trivkins to load is that you have the axis' defined in your ini.

So something like this:

[AXIS_X]
MAX_VELOCITY = 5
MAX_ACCELERATION = 100

[AXIS_Y]
MAX_VELOCITY = 5
MAX_ACCELERATION = 100

[AXIS_Z]
MAX_VELOCITY = 5
MAX_ACCELERATION = 100

[AXIS_A]
MAX_VELOCITY = 5
MAX_ACCELERATION = 100

[AXIS_B]
MAX_VELOCITY = 5
MAX_ACCELERATION = 100
Last edit: 13 Sep 2021 16:39 by Aciera.

More
13 Sep 2021 16:41 #220461 by RékaM
I added [AXIS_X] and such sections with the same max velocity and acceleration as their corresponding joints to the ini file, but the error message is the same. The number in the debug file is now 7450, if that means anything.

More
13 Sep 2021 16:51 #220462 by Aciera
Not sure but your best bet may be to start with a full working simulation config and once that works remove little things at a time with testing in between.

More
13 Sep 2021 16:59 #220466 by BigJohnT
Best to run problem configurations from a terminal and see what errors show up. Usually the first error you see is the one you want to address. Your configuration is trying to load trivkins twice...I've attached a 2.8 working vis machine configuration for you to study.

File Attachment:

File Name: sim.axis.v...rial.zip
File Size:48 KB

JT
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: RékaM

More
13 Sep 2021 17:44 #220476 by RékaM
Yes, I've been running from a terminal.

Thank you for noticing the double load of trivkins; I fixed that and the error is no longer appearing. However, now when it tries to access my gui file (vismach-testing) it says "execv(vismach-testing): no such file or directory." I changed it to loadusr -W ./vismach-testing like in the 3axis tutorial hal, and now it says "execv(./vismach-testing): Permission denied"... At least I've solved one problem, so thank you very much

More
14 Sep 2021 05:52 #220556 by Aciera
That usually means that you need to mark the python file 'vismach-testing' as executable.
The following user(s) said Thank You: RékaM

Time to create page: 0.149 seconds