Communication solution on my own CNC Machine

More
18 Mar 2024 23:59 #296268 by tommylight

Most importantly, can anyone explain how to send these pulse signals as ethernet packets with Linuxcnc?

github.com/LinuxCNC/linuxcnc/blob/master...a-hostmot2/hm2_eth.c

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Mar 2024 00:14 #296270 by srknyxl
forum.linuxcnc.org/18-computer/42414-lin...sing-esp32?start=130

It seems like they managed to do what I was thinking of doing in real time stably at 100khz with esp32. As a newbie to LinuxCNC, what I was trying to learn here was to send data from "hal" to udp.

Real-time packets can also be processed by a single-board computer with 64MB of RAM. this should be possible. But even an esp32 with a 200 mhz processor and a few mb ram can do this. I just learned this.

I think this solution is a low budget, real time solution. What are you thinking?

More
19 Mar 2024 00:29 #296273 by tommylight

What are you thinking?

I am thinking i should stop watching MythBusters on youtube and go to the shop as i have 2 of 3D printers running 24h for several days now, i need sleep, just had popcorn, been working for 4 days on building another Voron 2.4R2 printer and i am close but having to shove 2 control boards with power supply and a huge amount of cabling inside a small box is to much work.

:)
Back on topic, i am thinking you did not do your homework before asking and you are asking the wrong questions, so here is a summary :
LinuxCNC can work with
-parallel port
-ESP32 -there are two separate projects with this on this forum
-ESP32 through ethernet
-3D printer boards using SPI and RPI3/4/5
-3D printer boards through ethernet, i think
-NVEM boards through ethernet
-quite a long list of EtherCAT equipment
LinuxCNC will not work with
-mach3 boards through USB
-ESP32 and Arduino through USB, although this has been done several projects here for real time and non real time applications
LinuxCNC can control almost any machine you want to invest the time in.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: cornholio

More
19 Mar 2024 07:13 #296291 by srknyxl
I was actually looking for such an answer instead of memorized "mesa" part codes :)

Can you share links to ESP32 projects?

I hope you got some sleep and were able to fit a large amount of cable into the small box. Because I need to learn a little more to start asking logical questions :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

More
19 Mar 2024 11:08 #296305 by cornholio
To use a music analogy. Each band member is an axis

Realtime:

Non Realtime:

More
19 Mar 2024 11:10 #296307 by cornholio

More
19 Mar 2024 15:14 #296325 by andypugh

I want to make permanent magnet ac servo motors myself, in addition to the body parts. Even though the power density in terms of volume is not as much as industrial servos, I think it can be a good start.

I think that you might be disappointed with the performance of your own motors. One issue is getting a suitably small air gap, as you (probably) don't want to be machining the magnets.

I have built a servo motor, but it wasn't really suitable for the task I wanted it for:

photos.app.goo.gl/uYcpsh4t5SxmpCiP8
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

More
19 Mar 2024 20:17 - 19 Mar 2024 20:20 #296343 by schoch
> My Pal Foot Foot

holy shit that is funny. that drum opening is amazing.
Last edit: 19 Mar 2024 20:20 by schoch.

More
20 Mar 2024 02:46 #296366 by cakeslob

I want to make permanent magnet ac servo motors myself, in addition to the body parts. Even though the power density in terms of volume is not as much as industrial servos, I think it can be a good start.

I think that you might be disappointed with the performance of your own motors. One issue is getting a suitably small air gap, as you (probably) don't want to be machining the magnets.

I have built a servo motor, but it wasn't really suitable for the task I wanted it for:

photos.app.goo.gl/uYcpsh4t5SxmpCiP8

jesus andy, not for lack of being impressed, but they have these things called frameless motors...

Time to create page: 0.341 seconds