Gscreen - a GTK / Glade / Python based screen

More
14 Mar 2013 07:31 - 14 Mar 2013 07:34 #31368 by cmorley
seems some pages in the beginning are missing and images a certainly missing at least on the first page.

But I'm not sure if it really matters now..other then no more are lost.
Last edit: 14 Mar 2013 07:34 by cmorley.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Mar 2013 19:42 #31446 by tjamscad
Chris,

The homing indicators show before the machine is even turned on. Also the DTG text is not inline with the other axis's text.
Attachments:

More
15 Mar 2013 22:34 #31454 by newbynobi
And the order of the axis should be changed too.

It is now:

X Y Z A B C U W V

but should be IMHO:

X Y Z A B C U V W

Norbert

More
15 Mar 2013 23:40 - 15 Mar 2013 23:48 #31455 by tjamscad

And the order of the axis should be changed too.

It is now:

X Y Z A B C U W V

but should be IMHO:

X Y Z A B C U V W

Norbert

Yes, you are correct here is the ini
AXES = 9
COORDINATES = X Y Z A B C U V W
HOME = 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
Last edit: 15 Mar 2013 23:48 by tjamscad.

More
16 Mar 2013 13:48 #31490 by cmorley
I'm still busy at work but those are easy fixes.

so ....pushed the fixes plus changing to metric mode changes all the axis and DTG

Chris M

More
19 Mar 2013 00:16 #31552 by tjamscad

Chris,

The homing indicators show before the machine is even turned on. Also the DTG text is not inline with the other axis's text.

Were you able to fix the DTG being in all the wrong places with 9 axis shown?

More
19 Mar 2013 09:32 #31575 by cmorley
sorry missed that - pushed fix

More
19 Mar 2013 20:43 #31594 by tjamscad
The DTG indrustrial is shown all the time. The prefferences option to change it doesnt work.

More
21 Mar 2013 10:35 #31659 by cmorley
fixed.
And I have pushed Norbert's new screen : Gmoccapy
I'll start a separate thread for it.

Chris M

More
27 Mar 2013 19:28 #31961 by LAIR82

Hello Chris,

We have been following this thread from inception and are very anxious to get our machine finished to get the gscreen interface operational. I probably have another week or two and we will be applying power to this one so I can start test and tune. Couple of questions for you,

1. We have applied the fanuc style tool patch on the machine we just finished, and now that we have some hours put on the new control, realized it is almost identical to the Fagor and Cincinnati controls in regards to the wear offset option that it incorporates. Does this have this available yet or do I still need to apply that patch while compiling?

2. For the hal file what is the best to find out the I/O pins related to gscreen so I can start writing my hal file?

1) You still need the patch - I have not heard anything about this patch for a while - there was a couple things that needed to be fixed.
and the limiting of the amount of tools possible was not liked much by the devs. personally I think we should live with the limit and fix it in master.
I think the patch is worthwhile - just a few things to fix on it IIRC.

2) You can look here: wiki.linuxcnc.org/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?Gscreen#Installation -It may be slightly out of date.
Also if you start a sample config of gscreen from the sim directory, then look on the debug page the terminal will display all the available gscreen pins

Chris M

Hello Chris,

We are finally near completion on our next retrofit, and now I'm trying to get GSCREEN up and running, I copied your standard INI file and configured it with the values that I used for the AXIS screen I used to get the machine running and tuned. I am not sure though if I need to do something with the gscreen_handler.py and gscreen.glade files, reason I ask is, as soon as I try to start hooking up the pins, it tells me that gscreen.whateverpin doesn't exist. The gscreen wiki talked about the files, but I dont want to make any changes to gscreen, and I didnt know if that is where my problem is or not.

Thanks
Rick

Time to create page: 0.179 seconds