Gscreen - a GTK / Glade / Python based screen

More
11 Sep 2012 03:05 #24148 by cmorley
Oh cool! I think you'll like the touch screen.

I'd be interested on your comments for Gscreen with a touchscreen on an actual machine (careful though still pre-release)

I have just recently started using it with my little sherline test mill.
A few annoyances to tackle...
One big one is tooledit doesn't work after you load a program. the work around is to use gedit.

If i could understand TCL I would try to fix the tooledit script ( it is looking for something from AXIS)

I will probably have to build a new one which may make a good gladeVCP widget anyways

Chris M

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Sep 2012 11:50 #24158 by BigJohnT
Yea, I think it would be better to just write one in python/Gtk and launch it as a child and update when you close. If you can figure out what File > Reload tool table does in axis I think the rest would be easy. I also see that touchy has a reload tool table... after a bit of searching in touchy it is simply

command.load_tool_table()

John

More
11 Sep 2012 12:16 - 11 Sep 2012 12:22 #24159 by BigJohnT
Just looking at gscreen again and I don't see where to set the current coordinate system, nor do I see that in touchy. Am I missing something?

As a second thought why not have the tool table loaded in one of the main tabs like page 4?

How do you close gscreen down?

John
Last edit: 11 Sep 2012 12:22 by BigJohnT.

More
14 Sep 2012 03:14 - 14 Sep 2012 03:20 #24260 by cmorley
command.load_tool)table() only tells linuxcnc to update its inntenal tooltable to whatever the file says.
This is what you must call if you use a regular text editor, because linuxcnc will not know when you finish editting otherwise.
the tooledit program automatically tells linuxcnc to update - I think.

on the preference page there is a quit button or if not in full screen the normal x button will close gscreen.

I set the current user system with a MDI command connected to a button ( it toggles thru them all)
not sure how AXIS does it beyond it uses a MDI command too.

I thought it might be handy to have the table independent from the main screen but maybe it doesn't matter.
I have not used a tool table so I have no opinion. Either way i need to build one for glade.
I kinda think there are rules about when it can update the table (eg you can't in the middle of a running file) ...

Chris M
Last edit: 14 Sep 2012 03:20 by cmorley.

More
14 Sep 2012 11:05 #24264 by BigJohnT
Ok, I found the quit button but can't figure out how to change coordinate systems. I see the coordinate system button and all it seems to do is gray out the jog buttons... I must be missing something.

The tcl tool editor you have to tell it to save the edits and I "think" it saves to the file and calls command.load_tool_table(). The question in my mind is what do you load the rows and columns into in Gtk? Well a little nosing around and it looks like a Gtk liststore fits that need. Now to finger out how to use one...

John

More
14 Sep 2012 13:16 - 14 Sep 2012 13:17 #24267 by cmorley
press the + or - buttons (when is user system change mode) changes the user system.
Last edit: 14 Sep 2012 13:17 by cmorley.

More
05 Oct 2012 17:41 #24994 by cmorley
I'm working on a tooledit table widget for gladevcp... pics to come

More
05 Oct 2012 19:48 #25008 by BigJohnT
You da bomb!

John

More
05 Oct 2012 21:24 #25030 by cmorley
Attachments:

More
05 Oct 2012 22:10 #25032 by BigJohnT
I like it!

Would it make more sense to have a "Save & Quit" button and a "Cancel" button?

Can you specify which axis columns show up with a yes/no for each axis in Glade?

How do you add those widgets to GladeVCP?

John

Time to create page: 0.132 seconds