Screen shots of gui designs

More
04 Aug 2016 15:21 #78363 by tommylight
That looks very useful, especially since i often need to find the centre of a hole.
<<<<
waiting patiently in a corner! :laugh:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Aug 2016 23:08 #78370 by cncnoel
Replied by cncnoel on topic Screen shots of gui designs
Dug out the subroutines folder from my machine (Don't have access to my machine from work :( very poor!)

These subroutines are called by the glade HAL_Button in glade.glade and drill.glade (these are earlier files so some buttons are blank- but it all works tho)

The subroutines use my oddball TLA naming convention (TLA = three letter abbreviation)
I had better explain this for you!!
first letter of prefixes a-Angle e-External i-Internal f-Find h-Half
The rest of the prefix l-Left r-Right etc, lf-LeftFront lr-LefrRear etc,

so irr.ngc is internal right rear, ff is Find Front, fb is Find Back etc.
hix is Half Internal X,

I use a preamble and post-amble subroutine which I call from g-code, or a glade Hal_Button to make sure everything is set right and there are no hidden surprises left over from a previous job.

When probing a corner with a multiple-call subroutine, I store the X Y and Z with a Position storing subroutine posstore.

To try the panels stand-alone use the gladevcp-panel and gladevcp-panel2 files (don't forget to mark them executable first! - right click, properties, permissions, allow executing file as program) Double check the path to glade.glade and drill.glade are correct!

Hope you have fun with this. One day I'll even get some pictures on here!

File Attachment:

File Name: subroutines.zip
File Size:32 KB
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

More
19 Apr 2017 17:46 #91657 by KCJ
Replied by KCJ on topic Screen shots of gui designs
This is hazzy.

I made this UI for use on my RF45 type milling machine. It is intended for use exclusively with a touchscreen and a basic control panel or MPG. There are popup keypads and numpads on all entries. It borrows a lot of code from Gmoccapy, Gscreen and the VCP widgets. It supports up to 5 axes, including gantry type machines. It is far from finished but mostly fully functional.

Source code is here:
github.com/KurtJacobson/hazzy
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight, auto-mation-assist

More
19 Apr 2017 17:52 #91660 by Todd Zuercher
Looks nice.
The following user(s) said Thank You: KCJ

More
19 Apr 2017 20:04 #91672 by cmorley
Replied by cmorley on topic Screen shots of gui designs
Very nice. I hope you consider adding it to linuxcnc repo when you are done.

Chris M

More
20 Apr 2017 00:34 #91683 by tommylight
Nice.

More
21 Apr 2017 07:26 #91755 by newbynobi
Very, very nice!!
I looked at the code and I am proud, you could use some of my code. Be sure I like very much some of your ideas and I will sure "borrow" some of the code to improve gmoccapy. I like very much the way you added keyboard and entry widgets to be used with touch screen.

May I invite you to help to improve gmoccapy?
Because of a new job, I am running very short of time:(

Norbert

More
21 Apr 2017 11:08 #91770 by massimodamassa
Congratulations, is the most beautiful GUI I've ever seen, also working in lathe mode?

More
21 Apr 2017 15:38 #91792 by KCJ
Replied by KCJ on topic Screen shots of gui designs
Wow! Thank you all for the kind words. You have encouraged me to continue working on hazzy. Since I have essentially no programming experience I am learning as I go, which can be tough at times, but I am having a lot of fun!

Chris: It seems like there is interest so I will certainly add hazzy to the LCNC repo, when it gets to a point were it is more complete.

Norbert: I have learned almost all the Python I know by studying your code, thank your for commenting it out so well and making it neat and readable! I have a lot of projects going on right now but I will try and help with gmoccapy when I have some time. I used to use gmoccapy before I made hazzy and I liked it very much.

massimodamassa: I don't have a CNC lathe so I have not been working on a lathe mode, but it should not be too hard to add. I guess I should convert one of my lathes to LCNC, so I am forced to add a lathe mode ;)

I guess I will start a new thread for further discussion so this one does not get cluttered.

Kurt

More
21 Apr 2017 16:12 #91793 by massimodamassa
Basically in lathe mode you only have two axes, Z is the length and X for the diameters.
More than anything else will be the tool art management.
As soon as I have some time I want to test it and see if there are problems.
Small changes to the axis would be enough (lift what you do not need) and move some buttons, but I still do not understand how to change the original gui.
If someone is available it would be a nice thing ;-)

Time to create page: 0.489 seconds