Lathe Macros

More
19 Sep 2013 02:20 - 19 Sep 2013 02:20 #39001 by mariusl
Replied by mariusl on topic Lathe Macros
Andy,
I tried your Macro code and it seems to be the thing to use for my application. At least the savestate.ini stuff.
I have a silly question seeing that I am wanting to use this kind of thing with Gmoccapy and a touch screen with no keyboard or mouse. Is there a way to enlarge the spin button so that it could be more touch friendly or should I have another approach here?

Regards
Marius

www.bluearccnc.com

Last edit: 19 Sep 2013 02:20 by mariusl.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Sep 2013 02:30 #39002 by andypugh
Replied by andypugh on topic Lathe Macros

I have a silly question seeing that I am wanting to use this kind of thing with Gmoccapy and a touch screen with no keyboard or mouse. Is there a way to enlarge the spin button so that it could be more touch friendly or should I have another approach here?

Spinbuttons without a keyboard to type the values in to are just painful. Doesn't Gscreen use a widget that pops up a numeric keypad when you tap the box?

More
19 Sep 2013 02:52 #39003 by mariusl

Doesn't Gscreen use a widget that pops up a numeric keypad when you tap the box?

Andy, it does but I dont know if it is available or easy to include in a custom TAB. I will investigate that.
The reason I am looking at a spinbox is that some of the parameters will be adjusted while the machine is running. Things like THC volts one might want to tweak as it runs. That is easy with a spinbox and I have used that with Axis. Now with the touch screen stuff it is not so easy. If I was better versed in python it might have been easy :(

Regards
Marius

www.bluearccnc.com

More
11 Nov 2013 09:01 #40722 by andypugh

Doesn't Gscreen use a widget that pops up a numeric keypad when you tap the box?

Andy, it does but I dont know if it is available or easy to include in a custom TAB. I will investigate that.

Did you get anywhere with this? I ended up writing my own for the milling machine GUI i am playing with.

The setup is in the attached files. There isn't a lot there at the moment, but the pop-up number entry works. Also a set of thread/screw data comboboxes that might be useful.
Attachments:

More
11 Nov 2013 14:08 #40724 by mariusl
Andy
I did look at it but for some reason that I ca't remember now, I did not go there. The code for the popup is available in master but my lack of python script knowledge has again stopped me from going further. I am going to get stuck into python very soon as it seems to be an important part of getting things done in LCNC.

I think using the pyncggui popup keyboard would be simple to use for someone that knows python. Maybe you can have a look at that for yourself. I have a screen setup and ready for testing but I am busy with the plasma stuff at the moment.

Regards
Marius

www.bluearccnc.com

More
27 Dec 2013 23:16 #42063 by strykerg
Replied by strykerg on topic Lathe Macros
trying to add this ui to my lathe but can't seem to get it to work (noob warning).

I am currently using Andy's old UI which works fine.

I tried copying all the files in my lathe's config folder and then added the following two lines in the [display] section of my ini:

EMBED_TAB_NAME=Cycles
EMBED_TAB_COMMAND=halcmd loadusr -Wn gladevcp gladevcp -c gladevcp -u lathehandler.py -x {XID} lathemacro.ui

I obviously removed the other ui from that section. when I try to run it says:

**** GLADE VCP INFO: Not a libglade project, trying to load as a GTK builder project
**** GLADE VCP ERROR: With xml file: lathemacro.ui
Invalid tab configuration
Embeded tab command "halcmd loadusr -Wn gladevcp gladevcp -c gladevcp -x 62914716 -u lathehandler.py lathemacro.ui" exited with error: 1

debug file information:
(gladevcp:4797): libglade-WARNING **: Expected <glade-interface>. Got <interface>.

(gladevcp:4797): libglade-WARNING **: did not finish in PARSER_FINISH state
<commandline>:0: gladevcp exited without becoming ready

i'm not sure if I should be installing something before trying to run this? been quite a while since I tried adding something like this to Linuxcnc

More
28 Dec 2013 02:04 #42070 by andypugh
This sounds like it might be a glade version problem.
What version of LinuxCNC are you using, and what version of Glade?

More
28 Dec 2013 02:46 - 28 Dec 2013 02:48 #42072 by strykerg
linuxcnc is 2.5.3

glade version? how do I check? do I have to manually install that? I recently reinstalled everything and just copied my old setup I didn't install glade

*edit*

oh im an idiot. im looking into the linuxcnc help files and there it is
3.1. Prerequisite: Glade installation

To view or modify Glade UI files, you need glade installed - it is not needed just to run a GladeVCP panel. If the glade command is missing, install it with the command:

$ sudo apt-get install glade

ill try it and get back. hopefully by today
Last edit: 28 Dec 2013 02:48 by strykerg.

More
28 Dec 2013 02:59 #42073 by strykerg
Andy,

I installed it (version 3.6.7) but I still got the same error.

I think I missed something obvious and basic, no idea what tho

More
28 Dec 2013 03:31 #42074 by cmorley
Replied by cmorley on topic Lathe Macros
Strykerg

What Screen are you using ?
If it's Gscreen or Gmoccapy the INI entry:
EMBED_TAB_NAME=Cycles
is wrong.

I can give more info when I know what screen your using.

The warning about Libglade is normal.

Chris M

Time to create page: 0.137 seconds