Lathe Macros

More
15 Mar 2023 20:08 #266782 by O.R
Replied by O.R on topic Lathe Macros
I have preview, dro and cycles tab's in Axis. I thought that I had Glade installed but, I looked wrong. Is Glade necessary and can something go wrong if it hasn't been installed before?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Mar 2023 20:57 #266789 by andypugh
Replied by andypugh on topic Lathe Macros
You want to make sure that you install glade-gtk2 for use with LinuxCNC 2.8 and Debian Buster.
That package comes from the LinuxCNC archives, but you should automaticaly have them set up.

Just go to the Synaptic package manager and install glade-gtk2.

Attachments:

More
16 Mar 2023 20:07 #266860 by O.R
Ok, now Galde is installed and i can see play button in editor, but can't see that play button in linuxcnc, what I should do next?

More
17 Mar 2023 00:21 #266870 by andypugh
I don't know, to be honest. If the button properties are "Visible" and the frame it is in is "Visible" then it should be visible.

I suppose that there is a small chance that your system doesn't actually have the button icon, so you could try changing the button appearance.

Do you see the LinuxCNC widgets in the widgets list on the left?

More
18 Mar 2023 12:22 - 18 Mar 2023 12:54 #266986 by O.R
I tried to change button image and also copy that play button to other place, but cannot see it in linux cnc. I tried add new button, but cannot see. If I copy some spintexbox, I can see that change. If you mean machine control widgets, yes i can see and use those. Here is some attached photos. 
Attachments:
Last edit: 18 Mar 2023 12:54 by O.R.

More
18 Mar 2023 12:56 #266994 by andypugh
I think that maybe, for some reason, the button is off the bottom of the screen.
It shouldn't be, the grid is meant to re-size. But maybe the entry boxes are constraining how small the table/grid can be.
Try moving the button to a different cell in the table, see if it then shows, up.

More
19 Mar 2023 19:26 #267099 by O.R
I moved button different places and tried add different types of buttons, only Hal_LightButton showed up, but i'm not is it suitable for play button.

More
19 Mar 2023 19:48 #267100 by andypugh
Sorry, I really have no idea what the problem is.
You might have to put the button in a frame, and make the frame visible too. (you can see the object hierarchy on the tree browser on the top right)
The v3 macros might work better. They will work on Buster if you install LinuxCNC 2.9.

More
20 Mar 2023 20:31 #267184 by O.R
Do you have example how can I start macro cycle with external switch, which is connected to parallel port input?

More
20 Mar 2023 22:05 #267188 by andypugh
If you look in the HAL with the macros loaded you should find a pin called "cycle_start" (probably something like lathemacro.cycle_start but the exact name will depend on how you loaded it.

Then just connect it in HAL.
net cycle_start parport.0.pin-01-in => lathemacros.cycle_start

Time to create page: 0.184 seconds