First Configuration try-Dead Machine

More
26 Feb 2012 09:28 #18091 by Rick G

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Mar 2012 18:54 #18324 by ohioflyer
So I checked my cable and all of the pins appear to be 1:1. I found not rtai errors, I'm on a clean install with the new ppa. I have done no updates. I checked the troubleshooting guide and it mentioned adding a line to the hal file, but when I checked the line was already present. The machine is still dead.

More
04 Mar 2012 11:13 #18335 by cncbasher
post your current hal file and ini file , and i'll take a look

More
04 Mar 2012 12:10 #18337 by Rick G
Have you checked to see if you do in fact have an output from EMC at the driver board?
If you test a direction pin from one of the axis it should change from around 5 volts one direction to 0 in the other direction with EMC running.
This would show that EMC is running properly, you have the correct parallel port address, the parallel port is configured and working in the proper mode, with the proper voltage and that the cable is good.

Rick G

More
22 Mar 2012 04:25 #18702 by pfred1
I'm old school so I have an oscilloscope for when I run into signaling questions. LinuxCNC has something called HALscope that might give you more information about what is going on? Someone else on the board is going to have to help you there though. I've only heard of HALscope, I haven't had the pleasure of ever using it.

I know with my motor drivers I had to set a pulse width in order for them to work right. Too small a width and they didn't run. But keep at it, the stuff does work:

Time to create page: 0.074 seconds