making my machine distance work accuratly

More
05 Mar 2013 17:19 #30906 by andypugh

i would like Z to be at zero when its all the way up and going down in negative.
the x and z moving in positive.
everything that i am doing doesnt work.

I recall being baffled by my homing setup the first time.

can i set the minimum at 0 or its has to be inside of zero? is the limit switch is 0 and the soft limit 0.01 ?

You can set the axis min and max to be any number at all, as long as the difference between them matches the range that the machine can move. (Leave a little bit of leeway, banging the hard stops is inelegant)

Then set the HOME_OFFSET to be the position in machine space where the home switch is.
It's been a while since I set up a machine, so I am not completely sure if my limits are inside or outside the min limit, so any advice I give there is likely to confuse us both. (I stopped paying attention when the machine worked :-)

First make sure that the axes jog in the direction you want, so that (for example) Z position numbers are bigger with the head higher. If any go the wrong way then invert the DIR pin in stepconf.

The information here is good, but needs careful study to make sense:
linuxcnc.org/docs/html/config/ini_homing.html

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Mar 2013 07:52 #30945 by revo
ok got it! everything move nicely, it home and find the limit switch and pull back, one problem that i seem to not be able to remove is the error message when homing. "ecxceed positive limit joint 0" and it does it on all axis.

limit joint 1 and 2

here is my .ini file, maybe someone can tell me where its wrong.

all the axis are moving and homing in right direction.

File Attachment:

File Name: revolucion.ini.zip
File Size:1 KB
Attachments:

More
06 Mar 2013 08:19 #30947 by andypugh

one problem that i seem to not be able to remove is the error message when homing. "ecxceed positive limit joint 0" and it does it on all axis.

I think the problem is that the home_offset and home_position are outside the range of min_limit and max_limit.

More
06 Mar 2013 08:23 #30948 by revo
wow, over 30 hours just to try to setup. i feel like throwing the computer or my head in the wall.

i tried to take my .in file and convert it in mm , my plan was to set it up in inches because most of the folks have machine in inches here and the setup number i had from Cnc Router Parts were all in inches, i though would just simple way to do this but do0esnt seem like it works like that. what a mess.

i dont understand why i am having such a hard time setting up such a simple machine. normal wood router 3axis (1 slave motor on Y) .

at this point i think i need someone to take my hand and walk me through like a stupid kid or something because there is clearly something i am not getting here.
the reason why i need the MM is because my cad programm doesnt do inches and to figure the software with the machine, the setting files are all in mm and i only use this machine to cut surfboards so having the setting in inches is not possible.

is someone has time to help?

More
06 Mar 2013 08:35 #30950 by andypugh

i tried to take my .in file and convert it in mm , my plan was to set it up in inches because most of the folks have machine in inches here and the setup number i had from Cnc Router Parts were all in inches, i though would just simple way to do this but do0esnt seem like it works like that. what a mess.

To convert to mm you will need to change all the scales, velocities and accelerations in the INI by a factor of 25.4.

It might not be necessary. the G21 command will make the machine work in metric regardless of whether it is "natively" metric or imperial.

As an irrelevant aside, inside LinuxCNC almost everything is metric.

More
06 Mar 2013 09:55 #30951 by revo
Ok, getting close.

i did everything back in mm.
seem ok but one thing that is really weird is in the window where you see the red box for the limit. on X , the yellow jogger always goes out of my limit in opposite direction.
Attachments:

More
06 Mar 2013 10:38 - 06 Mar 2013 10:39 #30952 by revo
Ok got it!

just had to reverse the direction on the pins.
thank Andy! finally got it, it runs smooth.
Last edit: 06 Mar 2013 10:39 by revo.

More
06 Mar 2013 17:55 #30961 by andypugh
Now think about how much you learned, and how much easier the next machine will be :-)

More
06 Mar 2013 20:50 #30966 by BigJohnT

Ok, getting close.

i did everything back in mm.
seem ok but one thing that is really weird is in the window where you see the red box for the limit. on X , the yellow jogger always goes out of my limit in opposite direction.

Until you home the axes the red box will not be in the correct position.

John

Time to create page: 0.118 seconds